Love at first competition? Takeru Fujiwara

Your nervousness increased as did your adrenaline. You could hear the relationer on the ear piece say set. You get into position. It's a crouch like position and the butterflies swell up, knotting your stomach as you wait for the signal. At the slightest hint of the voice, you take off. Your so fast that you've been believed to out run Olympic runners. You focus on your speed as you run. You round the corner. Right as you go to turn, you see your target. You swiftly turn as you catch up to him. Your hands tap. The sound of your hands tapping gives you great joy. The stinging feeling on your palm only makes you feel more alive. But then you hear the second clap. The race was on. Both of you were the last runner. It all was up to you now. You couldn't let your team down. But the runner beside you was fast. You could hear his breathing right next to you. There was buildings coming up. It was time to show your true skill. After all, this was going to be your last tournament in middle school. You swerve around blocks of wood as your competitor copies the exact movements. You then see a bench. You jump up onto the bench and jump through a window. You summersalt safely but you don't waste a second getting back up and sprinting again. You jump through the next window and overtake the other. But the you trip a little. You regain balance. Then you see it. The finish line. You add that little bit more agility that you have. But, it fails. He is fast then you by one millisecond. He runs through with the ribbon around his waist. His team starts cheering as he has won but he just pants. You lost because of the stumble. You see him crack the smallest of smiles. It's very cute and it looks good on his features but you're too upset to care. You walk up to the handsome boy and congratulate him.
"Good job, you won the race." You hold back the tears you are so desperate to shed.
"Thanks, you did an amazing job. Not just anyone can almost beat me. But unfortunately I will always win." His face dropped all emotion the moment he looked at you. He then bowed at you. You were blown away by his respect and soon bowed after him.

You went back to school and on the way there, all you could think about was him. Very polite but also confident. He was very handsome too. The bus ride was quiet but school wasn't. The team went to the club room where it all began.
"This is all your fault!" The team captain screamed at you.
"You made us lose!" Another joins in.
"This is why they don't let girls run. They're all pathetic!" He spits venom at you.
"How could you trip like that?!? You ruined our last race in middle school!" Screamed one with a tear in his eye.
"Get out of our sights." The other chanted.
You looked at them all with teary eyes. This was the worse. You already had tears you were ready to shed and this made it worse. You ran off the school grounds. You promised yourself you would never join a stride team again. This is the way they were always going to treat you.

You skipped school for the next week, then of course it was holidays. You still went out for runs to keep your body in shape. As you were jogging, you felt a gust of wind and a blue blur fly past you. You stopped for a minute to try and figure out what it was but it had already turned a corner. You brushed it off and continued.
The next day, you followed your usual path and everything was normal until you fell to the ground. Your head started throbbing and there was a weight on your legs. You slowly open your eyes and see someone. They were wearing blue and awfully familiar.
He looked down at the position and got red hues on his cheeks. You didn't know why his face suddenly turned red until it dawned on you. He was on top of you.
"I-I-I'm so sorry!" The voice! Where has you heard it before?
"The competition!" He looked at you confused. "You're the boy who beat me!"
He tilted his head to the side but then his face showed a small sign of recognition. "It's you!"
You nodded. "C-can you please get off me now?" Your face turned to a blush as you spoke. He scrambled off you and apologised again.
"I'm (L/N) (F/N), by the way."
"Takeru Fujiwara" you smiled at him.
"Nice to meet you, again that is." He nodded. "Are you training?" Another nod. He then started to jog again signalling his leave. But you didn't want him to go. You wanted to get to know him a little more. "Did you want help?" He stopped and slowly turned to face you. "I can help you practise your touch and go's?"
"You would help me? But I beat you, why would you want to help your competition? Won't you regret it if we go to different schools and have to verse again?" You looked to the ground in shame. You weren't going to tell him your quitting.
"It's fine! You'll also be helping me practise!" You looked up to him and smiled again. He simply nodded.
You continued to practise with him through out the day until it was sundown. You then arranged to meet tomorrow for some more training.