Protecter of your heart, Reiji Suwa!

"Go Saisei! Go Saisei, go!"
The bang of the marker goes off and the two runners take off. I continue to watch them while cheering until they disappear around the corner.
Asuma Mayuzumi is the first runner. He's really fast and always wears an expression that shows his passion for stride.
I continue to watch them on the screen as each runner connects hands with the other. Then, Reiji connects. My eyes sparkle as I watch him run with full power. He jumps over blocks and swings under a pole. He's amazing but it's short lived as he switches with his team mate. I could watch him forever while he's running.

After the intense competition, I go back stage. I expect to see my boyfriend there but he isn't. I hear a little giggle and go to investigate. As I swing around the corner, there's my boyfriend. He's with my best friend. They don't recognise that I'm there and they're feeling each other while making out. I drop my Pom poms to the ground and this catches their attention. I then storm off. I start to run and I keep on running. Out of the show grounds, out of the area that portrays his betrayal.
I ran for 15 minutes before stopping to rest by a tree. I wish I didn't because then the tears start to stream. I rest my head against the bark. The show had taken a lot out of me and it must be 9 pm already. I feel my eyes get heavy. I start to drift off. Before I know it, I'm shrouded by darkness.

I wake up to a massive crunching sound. I feel warm? I open my eyes but I can't make out the face. I had arms around me and I was moving. Was I being carried? I start to struggle. No way was I being kidnapped!
"Stop struggling, I'm helping you. It's dangerous to fall asleep outside, not to mention you'll catch a cold."
"I don't believe you! Where are you taking me?!?"
"I'm taking you to Saisei, you're wearing our cheerleading outfit, so I assumed you'd be comfortable there."

As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I make out a stride uniform. He's wearing the Saisei one. I settle down and lean my head against his shoulder. I'm still a little riled up but I manage to fall back asleep.
I once again wake up but this time, it's to lights. I look up and see Tasuku Senoo carrying me. He places me on the couch nearest to him. I then hear footsteps and voices. One of them is very familiar. Then they all appear. The whole of the stride team and... My cheating ex? What the hell is he doing hear?
"Is this your partner?" It was Reiji, he's so adorable!
"(F/N)! You're safe, I was so worried. I love you so much!"
The team look at us and Kaede even 'awes' as he pulls me into a hug. I start to get a fierce aura around me.
"Get off me." He releases me and looks into my eyes, begging. "Don't ever come near me again. You think it's okay to cheat? You think I wanted to see my boyfriend and my best friend kissing right in front of me? How dare you! And then you have the audacity to ask the stride team whom all have hearts of gold to find me? Ha, you're a joke! Get out of my sight. Now!"
He gets up and takes a little step back, I glare at him and he turns around and runs. I stand up and turn to the stride team. I bow to them.
"Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. I'm also sorry you had to deal with him and see that. If you'll excuse me."
I start to walk away but a pair of arms wrap around me. I look over my shoulder and see Reiji. His eyes are a little teary.
"Reiji-Kun, what's wrong?"
"Y-you had to go through all that? Stay with us for a little while."
"I don't think that's a good idea." Senoo states simply.
"Well I do, stay?"
I sigh a little before nodding. I didn't know Reiji was actually that childish. It's really cute. Reiji lets go of my waist much to my dismay and we all go upstairs. Once upstairs we all talk and introduce ourselves as a plate of food is set out before us.
"(L/N)-San is cute." Chiyomatsu winks at me. And then there's a little bit of a bang as Reiji stands up.
"I will be the protecter of (L/N)-San's heart and I will not allow it! If anyone gets (L/N)'s heart, it's me!"
I blush furiously as all the rest chuckle at their captains childishness. Reiji then comes to sit beside me. He sits down and holds my hand. He looks his team once in the eyes each and then smiles as he reverts back to his cheery self.
"I'll protect you if you cheer for me."
I nod my head in approval.