A heartbreaking depature?

Training, training and more training. Your boyfriend, whom had nothing to train for, was training. He had finally finished high school, like you. Both of you decided at the end of the year to live together and get office jobs. Both of you did and both were well paying. But Heath quit stride and his office job doesn't require fitness. Despite this, he constantly came home late. Always sweaty and exhausted. He would often mumble something about needing to work harder before going to the shower. You once tried to question him about it but his simply reply was that you fell in love with an athletic man and he didn't want to be replaced for someone better looking. You didn't want to push him any further than that, so you left it. After all, it wasn't affecting your home life, he just wanted to keep in shape.
Well, that's what you thought. After about 5 months of his 'training', he came home early carrying a box. He sat you down on the bed and his eyes showed only depressing emotions, sadness, longing and the one that was over flowing, guilt.
"(F/N), you know I love you, don't you?"
Why would he say something so romantic with such sad expressions?
"Yes? Just as I love you."
"W-well, you see. I've been doing a lot of training recently and... Well, office jobs just don't suit me and I'm really sorry... I lied to you. I've joined the army and, I'm being departed. I leave in an hour."
There was some much silence after the last sentence that as it sunk in, you could almost hear your heart shatter.
"I got you this promise r-"
"Don't."
"(F/N)?"
"Don't!" Tears poured from your eyes as you spoke. More and more pain sunk in. It felt like death. "I don't want you here. You make me fall in love with you and then you just leave? How could you? Do you not contain human emotions? Heartless, cruel."
"(F/N), you know I never wanted it to turn out like th-"
"Leave. Now. Just leave. I take back my words. I don't love you. I despise you. I hate you."
Your words were harsh but you had never felt pain like this before. Heath got up to leave, he tried to look you in the eyes one more time but you adverted your gaze. He got the message. He placed his last symbol of hope, the promise ring, on the bedside table, hot his bag and left.

7 months. It had been hard. Heath was always there for you, but now you had no one. You wanted to move on but you just couldn't forget him. You sit on the couch to relax. You had to take your mind off him, but sitting on the couch wasn't relaxing. You would do it every night. Sit on the couch, turn on the TV and scan the news for any reports on his placement. You started doing this when you received a letter from him. It explained where he went and how sorry he was. He even left a return postal address, but you refused to send one. He never sent one again. Tonight, while flicking through the news, there was a report on his placement. Your heart skipped a beat as you waited for 10 minutes for the report to come on and tell you of the war in that place ending.
As the news report came, so did the tears. The news spoke of the losses in the battle and how there were no survivors. The news reporter spoke of how they all fought bravely and they will be remembered.
You turned off the TV and went to you room. There, on his side, laid his untouched bedside table along with the box that was placed there. You sat on his side and slowly reached out to the box. With the box in your grasp, you slowly tugged the ribbon. It came undone and you lifted the lid off. Inside laid a beautiful ring with a small tied up note beside it. You slowly unravel the note.
To my love, (F/n),
I know that you will probably never forgive me for leaving you to go to war, but if you can find it in your heart then know that I love you and I've loved you since I first laid my eyes on that beautiful smile. Since I love you so, I wish to marry you when I come home, and I promise that I'm coming home.
With all my love,
Heath.
Small salt droplets leaked on to the paper as you mumbled idiot over and over.
"If you really loved me, you would never have left me."
You searched in his draw and pulled out his mums phone number. His mum was in hysterics but told you about the makeshift graves that they had until the bodies were returned home. Even though he left you, even though he's an idiot, you still loved him and you had to go see his grave one last time. You had to go see it to give yourself the closure that you needed to live on.
At the crack of dawn, you drove out to the make shift graves that were yet to be filled. You sorted through the graves until you found the one that you didn't want to see. Upon seeing it, you shrank to your knees as tears flowed down your cheeks. It was hard to see, but it was necessary. As your crying refused to cease, you felt a hand on your should which you assumed to be his mum because this was the agreed meeting spot.
"I hate seeing beautiful woman crying over my grave."
You look up with the last bit of hope you have left and there he is. Heath stood before you with a couple of scratches and a broken arm.
"B-but, the report was all were dead and the war was lost. Why? Why are you still here?"
"I was caught and they took me in for intel but once the war was lost, I was released. Only 5 of my comrades remain. But why are you here? Don't you hate me?"
You spring up and hug him.
"I could never hate you."
With that, he gave you a passionate kiss and as I broke, he spoke only true words of never leaving you again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, I know, I know. What a bitch right? I leave for a couple of months and come back and the first thing I write is angst. Well, I am kind of sorry but I really needed this and I only haven't been back because of work (only get like two days off now.) college and I have assignments. So, I am sorry but it couldn't be helped. I'll try and up date as much as I can from now on.
Mattane~