My brothers friend. Riku Yagami

Okay, so this is a lot about Tomoe, Riku's brother but it ends up being about Riku. So enjoy~

There he was. He was standing at the door way. He is so perfect. His dark hair that covered his eye made him look dark but he was always honest and sweet. He was considered a genius. He also helped his family run the bakery or he was training with his younger brother. His younger brother was your age. The way you met him was actually while visiting at the bakery to get bread. You recognised him immediately as the second year stride runner at Hōnan high school. He was known as the genius runner. Tomoe was his name and you fawned over him everyday. You continued to go back to the bakery often after meeting him there. Most of the time the parents would tell you he was training. But you saw him again and struck up a conversation.
" Yagami-San~" he looked at you and smiled. "Will you help me train?"
"Train for what?" His tone was very cheery.
"For stride of course! I want to be just like you in high school." He patted the top of your head and agreed.

It was a week after he agreed and you were waiting at the meeting spot. You saw his tall, slim figure coming but then you looked down and saw another. He had someone beside him that was slightly taller then you. You felt your mood drop.
"(L/N)-San!" He called out and waved while running over to you with the other person. "This is my brother. His name is Riku, he's the same age as you and he'll be helping with the training." You look at him and look back to Tomoe-Kun. You smile at Tomoe. But you felt a pair of eyes on you. You look back to the boy and he was staring at you. You blink at him and look surprised. You then advert your gaze.
"Let's start shall we?" You both nod.
Tomoe leads you to where you were suppose to start. Your mood lifted with the way he treated you. He always looked so serious but he was always so kind with you. You felt special. That was until he went back to his brother and started to tell him what to do with the same face and tone. It was like your heart started free falling out of a plane but then smashed on the ground. You pushed the thoughts out of your head as you heard Riku come through the ear piece telling you to set. You get into position.
"Three... Two... One... Go!" You take off. You're sprinting at top speed to make it to the take over zone as fast as you can to impress Tomoe. You then heard Riku come through again.
"Tomoe, set!" You continue sprinting. "One... Go!"
You add the last boost of energy you have when you make it to the takeover zone. You feel Tomoe's hand slap yours. You wish to grab hold of it but you don't. You then watch him run. It was magical. He was so fast and he ran so graciously.
"Wow, he's... Amazing!" You spoke to your self.
"He is, isn't he?" You jump, scared by the sudden voice of a person. You look over and see Riku. You sigh, roll your eyes and go sit on the bench on the left hand side to you. He follows and sit next to you. You move away a little.
"You were really fast too!" You nod still not looking at him. "And whole you were running, your face was so focused. It was super cute~"
"Huh?!?" You look over at the boy. Was he trying to flirt with you? You scoff and get up to find Tomoe.
After practise, Tomoe dropped Riku home and you were about to walk away when he stopped you.
"Hey, how about I treat you to dinner for training with me?" Your face lights up and you nod vigorously.
He took you to some fast food place you picked. It was silence at dinner until he spoke.
"So. What do you think of my brother?" His non covered eye looks up at you.
"It was nice of him to help us train." You continue eating.
"It didn't look like you took much of a liking to him." He didn't stop looking at you. You shrug. He continues eating as you make small talk over dinner.
After dinner, you thank him and ask him to train again. He agrees of course. You start to walk away but he stops you.
"I'll walk you home, it's dangerous for a girl to be walking alone at night." You feel like your heart is about to jump out of your chest.
He walks you home and leaves.
The next training day, you decided to tell him. You choose to go to the same school as him for your high school. You were super excited and skipped all the way to the meeting point. He's already waiting there for you but his brother isn't there.
"Where's your brother?" You tilt your head in confusion.
"He's at a friends place today, sorry." You smile at him. "I have good news!"
"What is it?" Now he smiles at you.
"This year, for high school... I'm going to Hōnan!" You see his face drop.
"Why are you going there?" You stop your excitement a little bit.
"For you of course." He sighs.
"(L/N)-San, did you want to come with me?" You nod as you follow him. He goes to the bakery and walks upstairs. You follow. He takes you down the hall and opens the door to a room. Inside is spacious. It has a bed, desk and a cupboard. There's also a bunch of boxes. He lets you in and closes the door behind you. He sits on the bed and motions you to sit next to him.
"You see (L/N), I'm actually moving abroad this year." And that's when your heart stops. "I don't mean to crush your dreams but you should go to a school you want to go to. I won't be at Hōnan next year. So if it's for me, don't go but if you really like the school, then attend. My brother will also be going there." He looks at you with a sad smile.
Tears run down your cheeks and he brushes them away with his thumb. "You know, my brother really lik-"
You cut him off. "I love you, Tomoe." He stopped his thumb from brushing away the tears as he was shocked. You lent up and pressed your lips to his. You forced your tongue into his mouth as his eyes stayed wide in shock. He still didn't respond to the kiss and then he pushed you away. You felt hurt and betray at this but then he stood up while looking at the door. You looked over too and saw it was open a little and then saw Riku running away. He chased after him, leaving you there. You exited the house while Tomoe was gone. You didn't go to anymore training but you did pass it once while walking. There was a note with your name on it under a rock.
Dear (L/N)-San
You haven't been showing up to training lately. It's been really hard to train with out you. I'm sorry I hurt you too. I've been leaving these notes here everyday. I come back every morning and they're still there. I guess You haven't been reading them. This will actually be my last one.
So, everyone says I'm always honest and I try to be. So I'll tell you the truth. I don't return your feelings. I'm sorry, I only ever thought of you as a younger sister. But even if I returned the feelings, I would never act on them. My brother has feelings for you and I could never hurt my brother like that. I'm truly sorry.
I'll be here tomorrow and the day after, I'll be leaving. Please come see me so I can at least apologise in person.
~Tomoe Yagami.

You had felt the tears rush to your cheeks as you read the letter that day. It was now the day of his departure and you found yourself at the airport. You spot him and rush over to him.
"(L/N)-San! You're here! I'm so sorry." You shake your head as a tear slips down.
"It was my fault." He was about to say something else but then they called over the loud speaker that his plane was boarding. He hugged his family and waved to you as he boarded. You then broke down in sobs as you watched him leave. You felt a hand on your shoulder. You looked up to see Riku. He was smiling at you.
"You're even beautiful while you cry. Even though you are beautiful while doing so, please don't. I don't want to see you cry. Please (L/N)-San, let me make you happy. Just give me one chance, please?" You didn't know why but you believed that he was like Tomoe and had your best interest in mind. You nodded yes and so he held out a hand for you to grab which you gratefully took. He had fallen in love with his brothers friend.