Chapter Two

.

For any other dream, I would have passed it off as dream logic. But this dream was just to real. The voices started to fade out.

  "H-hey wait!" I yelled

  The voice echoed in my head. It swerved and the voice changed. "Juliet! Get up!"

  I recognized the voice. Chrissy, my friend Chrissy. "Why! It's the weekend. My brain says 'no getting up on weekends!'"

  "I know you hate getting up early but come on! We might just get adopted today!"

  I let that sink in that people were here. Adopters were here. "Alright, I'm up." Chrissy let out a toothy grin as she realized she had one this little battle.

  I quickly put on my clothes and fixed up my hair a bit, I never took it out of its braid.

  "Ready?' I called "Ready!" two voices answered. "Forward march!" I said playfully. We all came out of the room in a single file line, like they ask us to do. We stopped in front of the door.

  "What took you so long!" said the mistress of the house. AKA Mrs. Strict. She pointed at me and made a disgusted face. "Well I-I had trouble getting up." I said, knowing she would have found a way to put the blame on me even if I had lied. "Ah, well it seems someone will need punishment! The mistress's room, 4:00PM sharp." she finished. "Yes Mame." I squeaked.

  The door cracked open and the small amount of noise in the room departed as a man and a woman stepped inside. I looked at them with my fire-orange eyes and smiled. They looked nice, for the most part.

  "Look at these cuties!" said the lady "Such darlings, aren't they?"

  She pointed to us three.

  "Yes, but why not just get one?"

  I instinctively glared at her with "don't mess with them" painted on my face.

  "Actually, they're impossible to separate, so they come in a group of three," said the mistress "It just lowers there chances of getting adopted really"

  The man and the woman whispered to each other quietly, then stood up and the woman looked at us while the man talked to the mistress.

  "Is there any paperwork to fill out? I think we'll choose these three."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY I dids a thing!!!