Chapter Eleven

I dodged to the right, the sword landing just centimeters away from my feet. It took me no time at all to flip over and shoot fire at the shield, landing a perfect hit as I jumped away, dodging another sword strike.

  "Alright!" Sophies voice shocked me, and as she popped out from behind the shield, I saw the burn scar on her chin from before we used shields.

  It was her savage attack afterwords that convinced me to let her use them.

  Well, more like beg her.

  "That's enough for today," she said, wiping the black ash off her shield. "Go get some rest, gather your siblings and leave, lunch is over,"

  "Yes general," I quickly flew off the ledge, leaving the battle training platform and walking down the cave halls. I found my way to the locker room and changed quickly, putting my training clothes into the wash.

  After that I hurried down the hall towards Kimmy's class.

  A little after we found out my magic, we also found that Kimmy had water magic, which makes her a healer. So, I was smart to look in the healing room.

  "Good job! Now, make the water cleaner, it speeds up the process... Amazing Kimmy, wonderful!"

  I found Alyssa  next to my friend, who was concentrating on keeping a sliver of water on a wounded hybrid.

  I was surprised when the wound pretty much disappeared, not even leaving a scar.

  "Wow! You're getting better everyday! Keep up the good work, now, we just have to let the patient rest, come on,"

  As the two got up to leave I walked in the room.

  "Wow, I wish Sophie praised me like that," I whispered, careful to keep quiet for the sleeping patient.

  "Yeah, shes a robot," Kimmy agreed, wiping off her jeans as she walked over to join me.

  "She did say we can go though. Hey do you know what class Chris' is in?"

  "Um, gardening I think. She says it strengthens her earth magic,"

  We walked out of the room and made our way to the garden, the only place in the tunnels where sun shines.

  We found Chrissy easily, she was battling against a girl named Diana to make the biggest vine, and was surprisingly winning.

  The two vines were sprouted in the center, growing continuously as their makers struggled to keep them balanced.

  "Hey!" I called and almost immediately both vines burrowed back into the earth.

  "Aw, come on! I would have totally won!"

  Diana scoffed. "Sure you would've newbie," she said, before going over to two other girls to gossip.

Chrissy pouted and sent us a small glare. "Why did you distract me!"

  "Lunch is over," I said simply, flying away towards the exit.

  Once I landed, I turned and smiled at my two tired friends.

  "Today is the day,"

~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Today is the day!" Mom said, passing me a fire orange dress. "You're going to meet the queen!"

  "Well, more like actually talk to her and not socially anxiatize all over her face like at the store," Chrissy said, looking disgusted at the forest green dress in her arms. "Do I have to wear this?"