Chapter Twelve

I woke up in a bed, a large bandage wrapped around my stomach. "Ow, it hurts to move..." I muttered, looking down to find I was naked.

  "Crud," I said. The room was empty, which was offsetting since I'm used to having Chris and Kim with me.

  I got out of the bed and stood, gasping as pain exploded from my side. I looked down to find a large blood stain where the pain was. "Where did I get this from..." I reached my hand down and lightly touched it, whimpering as the pain started again.

  I looked around the room. Nothing but a bed and a small table of clothes were there.

  Okay... Only slightly completely and utterly terrifying. I thought, walking over to the table.

  Huh...

  As I looked through the clothes, I found that they were all orange... Or like, a reddish orange. Two seconds after I got to the neatly folded clothes I had turned it into a pile, and it kinda looked like a fire. Neat.

  I found underwear and a bra that fit me and put them on, rummaging around more for a shirt.

  I soon found a good shirt. It was a loose, sleeveless shirt. It was yellow at the neck and reddish at the bottom. I slipped it on and grabbed a pair of jeans, putting those on too.

  I limped over to the door, surprised to find it unlocked. On the other side was Chrissy, holding a tray of food. She seemed startled, dropping the food(which was a sandwich. Seemed to be my favourite too) and glomping me.

  "Oh, my goddesses! Juliet, your awake!"

  "Ow. Ow. Chrissy, everything hurts, off," I said, it still took a moment for her to unlatch.

  "Oh right! Sophie needs to talk to us! She said it's uber important!" I nodded. "Wait, what happened? Why am I wounded? I can't remember..."

  Chris's usual smile faded, she sighed. "It's from... When... The queen was attacked. The queen... And mom."

  Despite the voice crack at the end, it was enough to remind me. Memories flooded my head of the assassin, of our fight,

  Of my failure.

  A tear threatened to spill over my eye, but I barricaded it in.

  "O-oh, right... I remember now... Come on, you said Soph needs me, right?" She nodded, her usual behaviour returning, and ran down the hall, pulling me in tow.

  I recognized that this was my house, not the hybrid city like I thought it would be. She led me to a room I had not yet been into, I was surprised to see Sophie, in half form, talking to my father across the table.

  "Um..." Their heads turned to me and I looked them over. My fathers face looked ten times older, he had tear stains down his cheeks and circles under his eyes. Yet, somehow, his face lit up when he saw me. "Juliet! You're okay!" The voice was strained and forced.

  Sophie looked like a mix of mad and proud. "Juliet." She said quietly, sending shivers down my spine. "Sit." I walked over and sat at a chair, her claws tapped on the table. "So tell me, why did you think to fight the assassin head on instead of sending someone to get me was a good idea?"

  I paused. Not really sure.

  I hadn't really thought of that at the moment.

  "I... I didn't think there was time...."

  "Oh really? Christiana's super speed has developed quite well in the past few weeks and the secret entrance under the castle was well accessible."

  I bit my lip, my thoughts screaming at me. I'm such. An idiot. How did I not think of this?! "I uh.... sorry, Sophie..."

  "Say sorry to your mother." She said bluntly. A thin needle of guilt pierced my heart. I ignored it.

  "Now," Sophie continued "I believe it's time you were sent on your first mission." She took out a badly drawn map, at least I think it's a map, it may just be scribbles. "You may have failed to protect one person, but you did protect the queen, and kill one of the evil queen's most powerful henchmen. I'm proud. In return, I'm sending you on an extremely important mission. Think you can handle it?"

  "Yes, ma'am!"

  "Good. With you will be Adam, someone from my team to escort you."

  I watched as a boy walked in behind her, staring at me. Although in human form now, I recognized him as the dragon boy from before. "Oh, it's you... Juliet, right?"

  "Uh, yeah..."

  Sophie suddenly stood. "Well, I have food to get to, Mr. Yates, come with me."

  I watched as my dad and Sophie left the room, leaving me, Chris, and Adam alone. We sat in silence for a moment, before Chris spoke up. "So what's the mission about?" She chirped.

  "Uh..." I looked over the papers she handed me, my confusion growing. ".... fight a scribble monster...?"

  Adam chuckled and took the papers from me. ".... has Sophie gone insane...?"

  Chris and I looked at him, confused.

  "Scouting EQs castle as a first mission?"

  "... first of all, you can understand that?"

  Adam smirked. "I've known Sophie for as long as I can remember, Sophinese is my second language."

  I laughed a little. "Good, I definitely need that."

  "But seriously, that mission is extremely dangerous. I don't see why she would do this."

  I shrugged. "I'm sure she has her reasons."

  He looked at me oddly and sighed. "Reasons, or just Sophie trying to kill you." he looked over at us. "I would suggest you three pack, I'll get the group supplies, you just get whatever you need."

  "We meet in the base, tommorow at dawn"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nani?! this exists?! I missed my old babies so i decided to continue this -W-, hope yall enjoy!