Chapter Nine

The first thing I saw was four long black sticks that looked sort of like stilts. When I looked up, I found out those 'stilts' we're connected to a person. I saw four more 'stilts' (which I'm pretty sure are spider legs) came out from his back just above the others, and hung in the air. I looked at leaders eyes to see there were eight of them on  a... Twelveish? Looking boy.  His human legs dangled uselessly beneath him. He hissed as he saw us.

"Sophie! Why are there three girls in my private office?!" Sophie's white haired head popped in, holding a whole roasted turkey and five biscuits, one in her mouth. "Mmfgghaa?"

He sighed and rubbed his temples, three eyes focused on them, the rest looking at Sophie who was now choking on her biscuit.

He glared "You used magic again didn't you?" Sophie made her arms into an x, shaking her head violently and trying to communicate in a strange and incomprehensible sign language.

  "SOPHIE!" For his small body, his voice sure was loud. I looked over to Sophie to see her terrified. She began to sign again before coughing violently and thumping a hand on her chest.

"Is no one going to help her? Shes choking!" I shouted , gesturing at Sophie who had begun to slam her fist on her chest repeatedly.

The Boss looked at her, eyes narrowing "I'm too pissed at her right now. Serves her right for eating a biscuit whole," I sighed at his stupidity and went over to give Sophie a himlick.(cuz for some reason i cant spell)   She coughed up the biscuit and stared at it with pity. "A good soldier lost," she murmured.

  "Okay, now that she's saved, let's get to business," I said, smirking as he scowled at my joke. He sat down, his spider legs shrinking in size, but I noticed he still didn't move his human legs. They just... Dangled off the couch. I saw Chrissy point to them and open her mouth , but it was another voice that spoke.

  "Paralyzed," leader said , "before you ask, I'm paralyzed from the waist down."

  Chrissy answered with a simple "oh."

  "Anyway, I'm going to guess Sophie tested you?"

  "Sort of," Sophie croaked behind him.

  "Nobody asked you Sophie." He said it with such hate even Sophie whimpered.

  "So, now what?" I asked impatiently.

  "We have to announce your hybrid forms to the city, and tell them to welcome you."

  He got up and began to crawl out of the large cave. He gestured with one leg, and I followed. Sophie trailed behind.

  We went into a small arena, where a boy already stood there. It was then I realized that I wasn't the only dragon here.

  The boy was dark skinned, and icy blue eyes stared at me from a corner in the arena where shadows fell. A scaly tail end poked out from the loose pair of pants he was wearing.

"I read your reports. Sophie was thorough, like always." He sounded depressed about that.

  "Jimmy?" Sophie asked

  "Kimmy," Kimmy looked slightly annoyed.

  "Sure, sure, sure, anyway, your first,"

  I watched as Sophie turned into an albino leapord and pushed Kimmy into the ring.

  Kimmy tripped into the arena and flinched as the gate slammed shut.

  "Don't worry, I won't attack until your ready," the boy in the corner said.

  Kimmy nodded and turned to her half-wolf form. She got into battle stance and the dragon boy came out of the shadows and let out a smirk.

  "Get 'em Adam!" The leapord beside me cheered. "Sophie, this is formal!" Leader responded.

  I looked over, impressed that Kimmy was dodging so well. And then...

  "Oof!" I watched as Kimmy took a blow to the stomach and tumbled backwards. She let out a low groan and coughed, Sophie sighed and opened the gate again and Kimmy stumbled out and fell on my shoulder, slumping onto me.

  "She's not moving for awhile," I grumbled

  "C-Christy?" Sophie asked.

  "Chrissy, you we're close!"

  "Yes, Chrissy. Your turn."

  Chrissy hopped happily into the ring and immediately turned into her cat form. Adam wasted no time in attacking her, and chrissy skillfully dodged with cartwheels and flips, she even got a few hits in before she misjudged a jump and landed heavily on her right hand, allowing Adam to come in and take her out.

  Kimmy finally got up and was sitting up strait.

  "Juliet?"

  "Yeh?"

  "Your turn,"

  I smiled as I got into the arena, facing Adam with unmasked determination​ in my eyes. He smiled "Come, on, show me your form, you're making me really curious!"

  I felt the itching on my back again and this time I let it continue, it seemed to explode as I felt myself change. Wings, a tail, horns and ears. I hissed a warning, then stopped as I realized he wasn't trying to fight anymore. Instead he just looked outright shocked.

  He looked at me like I had grown another head. "H-how..." His brain couldn't seem to piece it together.

  "Um, I'm a dragon, I'm a hybrid, is there something wrong?"

  Leader stood up from his seat and spoke, "We thought Adams family was the only ones with dragons in it..." He and Sophie exchanged a glance, but I didn't know what it meant. "Here, come out of the arena, we have to explain this to the public. Sophie, turn the cameras off." He got up and began to walk towards the ledge. "As for you three," he looked​ at us and his voice softened. He got a bit closer and knelt down as best he could. "Go home, your school ends in fourteen minutes." Kimmys eyes widened and Chrissy fist bumped in the air. We began to leave before he called out "And dragon!" My friends walked out of the cave as I spun around to look at him.

  "If you ever see me outside of this place, call me Jonah," and he turned around.

  Stone faced once more.