•1• Water Child

At the beginning, Ik-soo felt a low and intense pressure build up in his head. Slowly, it started accumulating more and more each time until finally- "In town... the water dragon... is there... find her... she will help the red dragon... when the time is needed..." The words of God echoed in his head and Ik-soo paused, the water dragon? But such a thing didn't exist! But it wasn't like the Gods would ever lie about such an important and valuable thing especially with it being so close by.

Ik-soo gasped, in town?! But- But- He took deep breaths, trying to organise his thoughts before scrambling to his feet.

The water dragon is in town...

The water dragon is in town?!

Ik-soo's eyes widened. "Yoon! I'm going into town!"

"Yea, yea, just don't go giving poor children your things." The irritated 8 year scolded. There were many recent incidents where the idiot priest had decided to -out of the kindness of his gentle heart- give children his belongings.

Ik-soo slipped on his sandals, his face spreading into a wide grin. "Yes, of course."

~first pov~

I hid in the bush as I hear footsteps approaching, crouching lower until my chin brushed against the dirt. I clutch my dagger closer- if those guys come again... As the sound of footsteps grew louder my heart began to beat faster, overwhelmed with adrenaline. This time, however, they wouldn't get the best of me! I had the element of surprise on my hand!

"Back off!" I shouted at the man, jumping out of the bushes and whirling my dagger around carelessly. Caught off guard, the man stumbled over his own feet and landed on his bottom. His clumsy behaviour gave me the impression that he was probably  not the brightest, and his tattered clothing told me that he had probably already gotten robbed. Damn, I let out sigh.

His covered eyes widened before he smiled. I felt goosebumps rise on my arms. Don't smile at a stranger! That's creepy!

The man stepped closer and I brought my dagger to a defensive stance. "What do you want?" He ignores my question.

"Hello there, little girl." I couldn't help but shiver. What type of person would walk up to a stranger and say 'Hello there, little girl'?! Is he alright in the head? "Do you have a home? Little water dragon?" I paused, stopping my internal interrogation to stare at the man with my mouth agape. 

"y-you know..!" My words come out barely audible.

"The gods have told me." I thought about it for a second until it finally clicked. Ahh... so this was the priest that gives you stuff for free. I heard some adults talking about him and his 'unwanted' charity in passing the other day but from the looks of things- he had nothing left to offer.

"No, I don't," I grit my teeth defensively, "I don't have a family, home, friends and what else do you want to know? Nosy priest? Because there is nothing left for me to say." 

"I would like to know..." He paused for a long second and I felt my breath falter. "... If you would like to stay with me? I'll take good care of you? I have a friend around your age as well." Just because you have a friend for me doesn't mean I'll go, I mean, at this point I don't need any friends.

I look at him suspiciously, the words were stuck in my throat. Eventually, I whispered, "Okay..." I needed food and shelter more than anything and this helped me in a way... If something went wrong, I would just rob them and run away!