•33• Lord

I sat on the front wood thing of a house, swinging my feet aimlessly while Zeno squatted and played with the children, everyone was out today. Kija and Shin-ah was standing guard at the front of the village while Jae-ha had gotten bored and traveled with Yoon to another village. Yona and Hak were out as well.

"Little Miss, you aren't with Kid today?" Zeno asked, tilting his head.

I huffed and looked away, "No, he's with Jaeha. He always partners up with Jae-ha."

Zeno raised a brow, "He always partners with you as well, what happened?"

I threw my hands in the air exasperated, "He threw it away!"

"Hm?"

"My manga! He said I should concentrate on training instead if gawking at drawings." I crossed my arms and puffed my cheeks up, annoyed. How could he? I was training! I learnt how to predict when a character would die!

Zeno blinked, "Little Miss...You...forgive Zeno?"

I stiffened, "Well, I didn't forget what you did." I glared at him, "But I forgave. So shut up, and act like I never knew you until the rest of them did." I huffed again, and avoided his gaze, shoving a lollipop in my mouth.

"Aww," Zeno laughed, "Little Miss is a Tsun—"

"No! That's Yoon!" I slapped the hand that was about to poke my cheek away.

~~~

"Here." Kiyoko passed the undercover lord some ginger soup.

"What's...this?" The grey haired male asked.

Kiyoko exclaimed happily, "Gingerbread soup! It works well against illness. Warm yourself up!"

The Lord took the broken bowl into his unsteady hands. I mean, I don't like ginger too, that's understandable. It's bitter to me but it seemed like The Lord really hated it, he slowly tipped the bowl pouring it's contents on the ground.

Thanks to his fast reaction skills, Zeno leapt forward, catching most of the soup while the other spilt to the floor. "Crap!" I said immediately shooting up from my position. The Lord was at a lost for words, "What are you—"

"Hurry!" Zeno yelled, his loud voice making us flinch, "Go and get the bowl!"

~~~

"Oh, no." Zeno mumbled, "If only Zeno's hands were as big as the White Dragon's."

"Sorry, my reaction was too slow." I apologised to the children and looked at the spilt soup on the floor.

Zeno smiled and apologised as well, "Yea, Zeno is sorry as well. Some of it spilt."

Kiyoshi frowned, "What a waste."

"Right?" Kiyoko said disdainfully.

"Oi," I called rudely to The Lord that I really wanted to punch, "We're going to feed them this, okay?"

He was still speechless, "Um, er.. Yea."

The children argued over who got to drink first as I held my hand under the bowl and collected all of the drops that fell. Zeno began transcending into a wise man, "Even food that looks like mud and water seems like a treasured feast. Do you see the faces of those children? They're desperate. It's because that's the first meal they've had today."

The Lord was confused, "That bowl has to feed them both..?"

"That's right," Zeno said licking his fingers. "That's a given here, just on drop is a precious drop."

Kiyoshi, tugged on The Lord's shirt, "Mister, I'm sorry, we drank the ginger soup... Are you okay?"

The man was hesitant to answer, "Oh no, I'm fine...I should be the one that's sorry."

While The Lord was lost in his thoughts, Zeno spoke, "Do you still not understand, young lord?" The latter stiffened and slowly turned to face Zeno, "...Eh?"

Zeno grinned and slapped the grey haired man's back encouragingly, "Well, coming here was a good opportunity, right? You should take your time and look around. So next time you come, you should bring candy for everyone too~" The Lord seemed lost and confused.

I eventually got bored and started to pay attention to Yona who walked past, "Are you practicing? Would you like me to join you?"

She smiled kindly, "Yes, I'm practicing with a wooden sword so everything should be alright. Thankyou for offering." I waved her off and as soon as she left, The Lord jumped up from his confused state and looked around before running in the opposite direction as her.

And after that occurred, I had kicked Zeno, "Owwiee. What was that forr?"

I tried to hide my blushing face, "Why would you lick your fingers like that?! There are children here! Omg." I held my face in my hands, turning even more red, "What if Gaara did that in the manga? Omg." I went even more red before everything went away and I started sulking again, "But the manga's gonee, Yoon threw it away! He threw it awayy!"

Zeno sweatdropped, "Little Miss, Is it your time if the month?"

"... I'm going to strangle you."

~~~

There seemed to be an emotional moment when I arrived, The Lord kept on crying at our campfire, his tears falling into the flames.

Yona spoke, "Your troops are already in our line of sight. If you continue to move closer, there will me casualties among the villagers. If it comes to that, we'll have to crush the soldiers with all of our strength." I like the sound of this, I rested a hand on my hip and watched with an amused smile as The Lord looked up and gazed at Yona.

"This does not exclude you, as you are the leader of that army, if you don't fufill your promise and the villagers get hurt. I will shoot you without mercy. So...if you are prepared for that...go and stop them with all your might!"

The warning march echoed the land, that would frighten the villagers. Everyone got into their battle stance. The Lord looked around, "D-Don't worry princess! I'm going to stop them right now!"

Yona smiled gently, "Yes, I'll be watching you. Show me they you are serious."

"Princess." The Lord called one last time, "Thankyou for believing in me." And he ran off into the battle field that the flaming arrows lit up.

I wiped my tears, "Ah, Yona. Jaeha would be so proud!" I bloomed her in a hug. "How heroic of you!"

She smiled, "Not yet, Mizuko-chan. I need you to do something for me."

"Huh?"

"Can you help prevent the fire arrows from harming him, just prevent those tiny sparks of fire from touching him using your water, for me, please?