Jess' Family Values

"How can we not talk about family, when family is all that we got?"

-Wizkalifa feat Charlie Puth (See You Again.)

***

"Mmmmiiilllleeyy..." I was walking into a cave...."Can youuuuu hear meee?" It was dark, there was no light to be seen anywhere. "Mmmmiiileyyyy." I was trying to move forward but I couldn't see. Nothing was making sense....Where was I? there was water, someone was pouring water over me. "Mmmmmiiiiillllleeeeyyyy...Mmmmiiiillleyyy..." I was soaked, the water was all over me. "Mmmmiley..." I knew that voice.

"Ced?" I asked.

"Mmmmiiillleeyyy...it's meeee..." I tried to break free of the water, was I in some kind of lake?

Someone was shaking me. "Help!" I screamed.

"Miley, wake up."

"HELP!" I screamed.

"It's just a dream."

I opened my eyes. Hermione was standing next to my bed shaking me awake. I was actually wet, I had been sweating profusely.

"What...what happened?" I asked.

"You were screaming in your sleep. Are you okay?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know. Thanks, for um, waking me." I mumbled.

She nodded. "Are you having nightmares? Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's not nightmares. Its like I can't See anymore. I get so close, so so close, and then it just goes dark. Something's obstructing my Inner Eye. Sorry, you wouldn't understand." I said in frustration. And I keep hearing my dead ex boyfriend's voice. But I wasn't going to tell her that.

"Alright. But you should talk to someone about it." She said.

***

I had been having a bit more free time ever since I'd decided to drop Herbology. It gave me time to start trying to find my Alchemy project topic. I took a walk down the greenhouses and sat, for the first time in two years behind them. Here was where Cedric and I used to meet. I sighed, thinking about my messed up love-life.

"It's not that bad." Said a voice next to me and I jumped. Cedric sat there like old times. "Hey Miley."

"You, you...what..." I gasped. "But, but, but, but, but, but, but...you're...." I stuttered.

"Dead? I love this place, don't you? So many memories.." he swirled in and out of focus.

"Are you a ghost?" I asked.

"Really? Of course not. So, what's wrong? Relationship problems?" he asked.

I frowned, and decided to just go with it.

"Yeah, it's really messes up." I sighed sitting back down.

"Well, I can tell you, it can't be worse than last time." He offered.

I smiled. "Yeah. You know, you never kept your promise to me."

"Which one?"

"The last one you made, you said you'd break up with Cho and be with me." I reminded him.

"Oh yeah." He scratched his head. "Sorry, I was too busy being dead to keep it."

"It's okay."

"Hey, he'll come around. I did." Ced assured me.

"You're the best." I smiled.

"It's getting dark, you should go back to the castle." He advised.