Breaking Hope

"I saw you die, in front of my eyes

I watched you fall without a choice.

To hear you breathe, what I wouldn't give.."

-Apollo Drive (I Saw You Die

***

"I'm not killing her Rhine." I said in determination.

"Then let me do it!" Rhine said eagerly.

"No. Restoring her memories may be disastrous for me, but you can do it." I said.

"Well yes, but you know how limited my powers are right now. I'm still dead remember?" She said.

"You said it would take me months to regain my soul magic if I used a full blast of it to restore her memories. How long, with your limited powers would it take you to recover?" I asked her.

"An hour or two." She told me.

"Well then do it!"

"You realise that if I do this, I won't be able to help you in fighting Bellatrix right? You'll be weak and on your own." Rhine reminded me.

"Just do it!"

"I still think we should kill her." Rhine said. "Step back." She moved to the forefront of my mind. I could feel myself drifting with dizziness but there was no mistake the rush of amazing, unparalleled power that flowed from Rhine as she laid my hands on Professor Trelawney's head. I felt the surge of power leaving her/us.

Professor Trelawney struggled for a bit and then peacefully closed her eyes and went to sleep.

"It's done. I don't have anything to help you with anymore." Said Rhine as I struggled to stand up. We were both really weak when we finally returned to the Room of Requirement. I collapsed in there and Draco ran up to me.

"Hey. I'm waiting for Kreacher to return with the- Whoa...what happened? Are you okay?" He asked helping me up, and carrying me over to sit down beside a pole.

"Rhine and I used up a lot of power tonight. I don't...don't think we'll be much help to you." I told him as I leaned miserably against the pole, he had his back turned. "I have to save my strength..."

"...so you can kill Bellatrix." He finished for me.

My heart lurched. How did he know about that? I tried to stand up but he turned around, slowly.

"I'm sorry about this." He said pulling a string out of his pocket.

I'd seen it before. It had transformed into a strong rope that we had used to tie up Fortesque for Voldemort.

"You can't do it Camilla." Draco said. "He'll kill you."

"No he won't.  He said that if I got him the prophecy, I could have whatever I wanted and-"

"The prophecy? The prophecy that got my father arrested?" Draco asked.

"Yes. He'll do anything for it." I said.

"And you have it?"

"Yes. In my pocket. I'll show you." I said moving my hand into my back pocket to reach for my wand. But he must have known what I was doing because the next moment, he had thrown the rope at me and it tied up my hands and my feet and then it tied me to the pole.

I tried to fight it but it had a mind of its own and in a few seconds, I could not move.

"Draco, don't do this." I tried to shout but even my voice was weak.