Ghost

Illusion never changed, into something real

I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn

I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel

I'm cold and I'm ashamed

Bound and broken on the floor

-Natasha Imbruglia (Torn) 

***  

The first thing I felt, was so familiar, so dreadful and just as bad as I remembered it. The silent screaming that I gave out. Then there was the pain. It felt like my veins would rupture from the fire burning them. I screamed again but I was sure no one could hear me. In my head I could hear the sounds it was like the screaming of a great many voices inside my head. I wanted them to stop otherwise my head would explode into pieces. I screamed again.

But the physical pain was nothing. I could feel it in my spirit, somewhere deep inside, my soul waqs struggling to hold on and yet I could feel it leave my body more than once. I was being torn into tweo different parts of myself. I felt unwhole, like I was contaminated, unpure and not myself. There was someone else, someone stronger. I couldn't fight her, I tried, but I failed dismally.

I lashed out.

"Make it stop!" I screamed.

"Shh..." someone said. I cried as I felt the fire burning through my heart in boiling heat waves. It was searing, I wanted it to stop. I felt a hand on mine and the pain subsided. I managed to breathe again.

Someone close to me scream,ed out loud. His voice filled with my pain and yet all I could feel was the gratefulness that he'd taken the pain away from me. I could feel the agony in his voice but he didn't let go of my hand and he was soaking all the pain in, until I was left with nothing.

He'd stopped crying, stopped screaming and his hand was was shaking steadily against my own. I felt it moved from mine and I opened my eyes.

"Welcome back, Miss Black." said Dumbledore. I was sweating, breathing heavily.

"Well...why..why does this keep...keep happening?" I asked heavily.

"You like to do stupid things and end up here." he answered.

I looked sideways. "Oh my gosh....B-B-Blaise...w-what..." He was laid down on the bed next to mine, he wasn't awake but he was twitching, he looked worse than I felt. He would let out a grunt now and then and his face would contort with pain.

"He is, he's feeling my pain...why did you let him...Did he save me?" I asked.

"In a way. He must have felt you fading and found you in time." Dumbledore answered.

I remembered what had happened. "I should be dead. That Potion should have killed me. There's no way he could have been fast enough to save me." I told the Headmaster.

"Professor Snape was able to-" Dumbledore started.

"No. He wouldn't have been able to, not in time. You don't get it, that poison...it should have killed me. Quickly." 

"Perhaps you made a mistake in the formula." Snape said from the doorway.

"You taught me Potions. I don't make mistakes. You know that Professor." I told him.

He looked at Dumbledore. "I analysed the poison she used. She's right, she did not make a mistake, she should be dead. She was saved by something else."

Dumbledore did not look surprised, but rather, solemn, as if his worst fear had been realised.

"You know what happened." I said.