ChApTeR 9

Welcome home Ben... It was every fucking where. Also Leo forget to leave out two important details. The dinner was at my parents house AND... It was also a welcome back dinner for my brother.

"Ben is that you?" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen in her motherly sweet tone. I smiled and started towards the kitchen. Someone's in a good mood. As soon as I got near the kitchen the smell of pot roast filled the air. Mom's pot roast was me and Ben's favorite ever since we were little. But she actually stop cooking it after Ben left. So I kinda didn't know it was my favorite now.

"Hey mom." I said softly as I walked into the kitchen. I felt kinda shy to this house. I haven't been back here well ever since now. When I came back it was Eddy's house... Then straight to the teen pack house. My mom turned around in my direction with a big smile that quickly faded when her eyes landed on me.

"Oh... It's just you." She said in a uncaring bored tone then turned back around towards the stove and went back to doing what she was doing. Honestly it didn't hurt, I was use to her ignoring me and her using a cold tone with me. I let it slide because I came here early for a reason. I wanted to tell my so call parents something before everyone arrived.

"Umm... Where's dad?" I said awkwardly. She didn't even look back at me this time when she answer.

"He and your brother went to the store to get a few things for dinner tonight." She said boredly. "Why?" Now I could tell there was spike of anger in that one word.

"Oh umm well I guess I'll just tell you then... Umm I just wanted to say I'm not gonna stay for the whole dinner tonight. I'm only coming to meet Leo's grandparents then..."

"Typical." She rudely interrupted me. I scrunch up my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" I said letting anger slip out right along with the word. She didn't stop doing what she was doing as she talked on.

"I said typical. I knew you weren't going to stay the whole night... Honestly I didn't think you'd come. Someone as disappointing as you, never fails to disappoint anyone." She said in her calm cold voice as she shrugged her shoulders. I clinched my fist together at my side and gritted my teeth. I didn't want to show her she got me riled up so I quickly composed myself. I chuckled under my breath and I saw my mom shoulders tense.

"Nora." I said calmly. She hated when I called her by her name it drove her crazy. She spun around and glared at me.

"Kyle Adams..."

"Awe, don't give me that shit." I spat at her before she could even try and yell at me. "It's you and your husbands fault I'm a big disappointment. If you and your husband would have paid at least just a little attention to me I'd be someone you could be proud of! But no because of one mistake I made when I was fucking six! I was declares the bad child for the rest of my childhood and so forth so on." I scolded. She had scrawled he face up at me.

"How dare you blame you behavior on mom and dad." Suddenly I felt my heart stop. Awe goodness I didn't want him to hear that. I wasn't ready to face him and the reason he left. Even though I knew the reason. It was me. I was the reason they so say lost their good son. I scoffed and turned around to face a fully grown Ben. He look exactly how I remembered him. Just a little taller and a glare that could kill you where you stood.

"I'll deal with you after I finish saying what I have to say. I've held my tongue..." Ben scoffed.

"You've held your tongue." He said in a 'I can't believe you' voice. I cocked my head to the side and nodded.

"You fucking right I've held my tongue. But you... You didn't hold shit from anyone. You made sure the pack knew your little brother was the kid that took you parents away and made them push you to the side... WHICH WAS A COMPLETE FUCKING LIE!" I yelled the last part letting my anger get the best of me.