Chapter 5

Camila's POV

The next morning, I walk into the communications building, pressing the button for the elevator on the right, and patiently wait for it to arrive. While I'm standing there, with my backpack thrown over the one shoulder that's not sore from Lauren's mouth, I pry my phone from my jeans pocket, revealing a new text from the brunette. There's a flutter in my chest each and every instance where we make contact, and although time has officially made our conversation a memory, I still cannot believe the words that we shared last night.

They seem so surreal.

I'm amazed at how effortlessly she confessed her feelings for me, as we laid there naked. My legs were still shaking, and the room was spinning but her words were static. They just sat between us and I wanted nothing more than to remember each and every syllable so that I'd never forget that monumental moment where Lauren admitted to wanting more with me than what I initially expected out of her.

I could have stayed there all night, but because of classes the next day, I left not long after our talk. It was nearly half-past ten when I got back to the apartment but Ally was still awake, sitting in the living room. So to her willing ears, I gushed about the entire situation with Lauren. She was surprised to hear of what came of the green-eyed-girl that approached me at the bar a week ago, she was also surprised at how well I had kept it all a secret. Ally says that I'm an open book to her, but that this revelation was most definitely a plot twist.

I finish replying to Lauren's first message of the morning when the elevator dings and the door creaks open. I wait until several other students pile out, before walking in and pressing the fourth floor button. I really should have taken the steps but it's my first day and I've not even made it to one of my classes yet. I'd be embarrassed to show up red-faced, sweaty, and out-of-breath. I'm already going in with visible hickeys painted across my skin, because there wasn't enough makeup between Ally and I both, to cover them up this morning.

The door closes behind me, and then opens again quickly three floors up. I step out, walking to the right, following a long hallway toward the back of the building. When I turn the corner, I see a row of chairs occupied by other students, clearly waiting to see the same advisor as me. Luckily, I had called him earlier this morning when I realized the mistake in my schedule so that I could make an appointment, instead of waiting in line. I'm only six minutes early, but I hope he can take me as soon as possible. I'd hate to be late for my first class, which is math, on the opposite side of campus.

I hover next to the bend in the hallway, drawing very little attention to myself which is a plus. I focus on my phone, reading a new text from Lauren.

L: I checked my schedule once I got to work and it looks like my day will be over by seven.

I reply.

C: I think I'm finished around the same time. Your place or mine?

L: Lol - geez Cabello. How about dinner first? We can do that now that this is not just a booty call.

I giggle, too loudly and one of the guys sitting across from where I'm standing, looks up at me, concerned.

I ignore him, texting back.

C: why go out and get real food when I can just have you for dinner? :)

C: woah. that was creepy sorry. : / what's your favorite restaurant? we'll meet there.

L: HAHAHA.

L: do you like sushi?

C: nope.