Chapter 45

So I said yes to helping Dinah fix the mess she had made, praying the entire time that this wasn't manipulation and that it wasn't the very thing that would be the end of Camila and I.

Lauren's POV

One Month Later:

So far, Dinah has done what she said she would do.

She has backed off, and besides keeping her distance she even went as far as saying she would delete the picture of Camila and I to prove that she meant well.

I think she trusted me a lot more than I did her but for every reason.

I had never done anything to Dinah that would cause her not to. Hell I just met her. I don't think she's out to get me but I'm also not naive, although I'm sure that's how it seems. I know that she could manipulate me and ruin everything at any time. So the part of me that's aware of what Camila's ex is capable of, still doesn't believer her.

I thought that I should have asked for it in blood, but let's be honest, I'd probably still have my doubts.

But the part of me that sat next to Dinah on that bench in the middle of the night, watching her cry as she confessed to wanting to be better for someone she knew she'd never have again, believes that she really wants to fix this.

And that's the part I've kept faith in because I think I saw the sliver of hope in Dinah that Camila was too hurt to see.

So I kept up my part of the agreement that her and I created that night that I ambushed her at work.

Her part was to stay away from Camila and I. The entire reason I was there at all was to protect my girlfriend, so that had to be a part of the deal. No more following her, no more threatening, and no more cornering her on elevators.

My end was to help her fix things, which as Dinah pointed out, would require me to involve Ally.

I wasn't as hesitant about being screwed over by Dinah as I was having to sit Ally down and explain that I had made a deal with the devil.

God, it was like being trapped in the seventh level of hell, when I braved that conversation. It took an entire hour of hushed talking in the kitchen while Camila slept in the other room, attempting to persuade her into being a part of the situation at all.

Most of that sixty minutes was promising Ally that I hadn't gone fucking insane, nor had Dinah threatened me further into helping.

And when she finally seemed convinced that I was sold in this working, she agreed especially after I confirmed that she was the most vital part of the plan. She liked feeling important; needed.

And the only thing that I requested from Ally was that she not mention what we were going to do to anyone, specifically Camila.

I've only known her two months now, but one thing I'm sure of is that she would not stand by and let Ally or me get involved in her and Dinah's battle in court, and to add to that, she'd probably hate me for even meeting up with her ex in the first place.

But I'm glad I did. I'm glad I found the nerve to get out of my car that night and approach Dinah because if I hadn't, I would have spent the past thirty days, on edge, and constantly wondering which day would be the one where Dinah would expose Camila and I's relationship.

I don't trust her fully, but I'm not constantly panicking anymore.

In fact things are better than ever with Camila and I. They'd have to be considering I've invited her to Miami to spend Thanksgiving with my family.