Chapter 33

"We have an eleven year old with no one to go to, what's our next step?" Officer Leo drops the information on me after pulling me aside.

I glance over at the young boy who sits next to another officer, he look lost, and full of shock.

"No grandparents, aunts, uncles, no one?" Officer Leo shakes his head.

"Alright, I'll watch after him, I'll let Hotch know." Officer Leo walks away and gestures for the other to follow, leaving the boy and I alone. I walk over to him and lean against a desk.

"Do you have anyone you want to call? You can use my phone." I pull it out from my pocket, but the boy shakes his head.

"I'm Marina I'll be hanging out with you for a bit... What's your name?" I watch as he toys with his shoe, carelessly sliding it on and off.

"Marshall, are you a cop or something?" I shrug.

"Or something." I pull out my ID and smoothly flip it open. I watch as his eyebrows raised.

"FBI? I never thought I'd ever meet an actual agent." I smile at his interest.

"You know we do summer programs for kids who're interested in joining." I put my ID away.

"Really?" I nod.

"I can get you in if you want." My phone starts ringing. I slide it out of my pocket, and check the caller ID, Hotch.

"Hey, Hotch." Marshall stays silent, I can tell he's half focusing on the call and half watching the movements of the station.

"I need you to bring me a few things from the station, I left a stack of folders on the table in the conference room, and a tablet that should be in the same place. I'm with Rossi at the mortuary, I'll send you the address it's only about twenty minutes from the station." I stare at Marshall's jacket zipper as he zips it up and down.

"Got it, see you soon." I hang up and slide my phone back in my pocket.

"I have a little mission to go on, would you like to join me?" I stand up from the desk, Marshall gets up from his chair.

"Wow, really?" I gesture for him to follow me. We walk into the conference room.

"You think you can carry this for me?" I hand him the small stack of folders, he nods. I grab the tablet and head out of the building.

I pull out the car keys I was given and repeatedly hit the lock button hoping to find the car. A black sedan honks. I unlock it and open the passenger door for Marshall. I walk around the front and let myself in. I lock my seatbelt and start the car, handing Marshall the tablet.

"So, we're just dropping these off, boring I know... Are you hungry at all?" I click on my text from Hotch with the address and back out of the parking space.

"I haven't been very hungry, I sort of don't know what to do with myself." I glance over at him I've already forgotten about his situation.

"Well if you want anything, don't hesitate to let me know, okay?" He nods and stares out his window. My phone buzzes against the air vent it's stuck to. It's Spencer calling. I answer.

"Hey Spencer." I follow the gps and turn left.

"Hey, can we talk for a minute?" I furrow my brows not knowing what he's going to say.

"Sure, what's up?" I proceed the call feeling like I don't have anything to hide from Marshall.

"Your parents wanted me to tell you they went to see Chris, your dad tried to reach you but couldn't." My heart speeds up, I don't know what to say, we sit in silence.