Chapter 49

|Marina's POV|

Today is my last day on leave before I go back to work. Of course I'm excited to get back to Quantico and be with the team, but my mind has been on Marshall for the past few weeks and our new routine is certainly something we'll have to get used to.

"Hey, JJ asked if we'd watch the kids tonight, I told her we would." Spencer tells me as I put on my shoes.

"Kids? As in plural?" I watch Marshall put his plate in the sink while I slide on my jacket.

"Henry and the baby too." I roll my eyes.

"Spencer, you should talk to be about this stuff before you agree to anything. We were supposed to go out and have a nice dinner before I went back." He frowns, his memory has been poor lately.

"I'm sorry, I guess I just forgot. You two can go and I'll stay with the kids." I pick up Marshall's backpack.

"No, it's fine." Marshall walks over to me and takes his bag.

"You have that history essay, right?" He nods.

"I spent forever on it last night, I've already checked three times that it's still in here." I smile at him, he's a good kid.

"Alright, I'm going to the gym after I drop Marshall off at school." I kiss Spencer's cheek before going out to the car with Marshall.

|Spencer's POV|

I didn't forget. Maybe it's wrong of me to lie, but I know Marina is great with kids, and I want her to realize how great it can be to have them. I asked JJ if she wanted a kid free night, I'm hoping that doesn't come back to bite me.

I want to be able to show Marina that we can function as a family, and I want her to not feel any pressure about sharing the work load. I want kids, I really do, and it broke me to find out Marina isn't pregnant. I know she's scared to have kids, but I'm hoping tonight will change that.

"Yeah, yeah, I just got home, chill out." Marina comes into the house and waves at me as she walks past and towards the office. I hear her voice fade until finally she shuts the doors.

|Marina's POV|

"C'mon check your email already." Anthony rushes me over the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, I just got home, chill out." I wave to Spencer before going into the office. I shut the doors behind me and get on my computer.

"Are you seeing it? I put Jason on there too." I put the call on speaker and put my phone on the desk. I open my email to find a link, which I click and it leads me to a virtual photo album.

"Woah no way, did you have all of these scanned?" I scroll through all of the pictures without really looking at them.

"Yeah, there's one picture I really want you to see, it's under your name tab." I look for the 'Marina' tab, click it and the first picture I see if of Chris and I at Disneyland, him in the Winnie the Pooh costume.

"Shit, I haven't seen this picture in years." I continue staring at the picture.

"It's so weird, right? Anyway, there are some really cool pictures on there, it's been really nice going through them." I scroll through more pictures, man, I miss my family. 

"This was really sweet of you to do, thank you, I'll be spending hours going through these I'm sure."

I end the call with Anthony and call Spencer into the office.

"What's up?" He leans against the back of my chair.

"Remember that story I told you about Chris?" I pull up the picture.