Chapter 38

"Any news on Spencer?" I look up at Hotch's question.

"He still hasn't called or anything?" This is weird. It's weird for Spencer to simply not show up, no call, nothing. We stand outside of our car ready to go home.

"Can I just get a minute? I'm going to try him again." Hotch nods and opens the drivers door.

"Of course." As he gets in I walk far enough away to not be heard, and pull out my phone, quickly finding Spencer's contact. I put the phone up to my ear and listen to the rings until I finally hit his voicemail.

"Hey, it's me, I just wanted to see if you're okay. I don't know what happened, or where you are but, I don't know, I just need to know you're okay... Please call me back Spencer." I put my phone away from my ear and hit the red circle.

I can't help but feel anxious about the situation. Why hasn't he showed up? What happened? He disappeared last night, didn't even tell anyone he was leaving. No one's heard from him since.

The day drags on, we spoke in a couple college classes, and checked out a possible bomb threat at a school which quickly turned out to be nothing more than a jock who found humor in others terror.

I try calling Spencer many times, and still no answer. I sit in my car debating which direction my night should go in. I could go home, but I know there's nothing waiting there for me. I should go to Spencer's apartment, if I don't see if he's okay it'll kill me. Could he be using again? What happened that pushed him away from all of us.

I pull out of the parking lot and head to Spencer's apartment. The drive feels painfully long even though it's only about twenty minutes. Pulling into the apartment parking lot I see his car. He has to be home?

I park, and walk into the familiar building. It's quiet, pretty much how it usually is, the only noise coming from my shoes against the stairs. I quickly find Spencer's door. My own heartbeat fills the silence. What am I going to find? I press my ear against the door, standing and listening for what has to be five minutes praying to hear something.

I should knock. If he doesn't respond then, maybe he isn't home. He could've gotten a ride, or walked somewhere. I pull away from the door and take a deep breath. I try my best to think positively, he's okay, everything will be okay. I softly knock and anxiously wait.

Finally the door slowly opens, Spencer squints and runs his hand through his hair.

"Marina?" He leans against the doorframe with his eyes still not open all the way.

"Hey, I came to check on you..." I eye his clothes still on from last night.

"Hm." He opens the door the rest of the way and moves to sit on the couch. I try my best to not be visibly upset at the once charming home, now an absolute mess with moving boxes spread around.

"Where were you today?" I close the door behind me and sit next to him on the couch. He slides down just enough to rest his head on my shoulder.

"Here." His hair tickles my ear, I gently brush my fingers through it.

"What happened last night? You just disappeared and we haven't seen you since." He pulls away from me completely and stands up, pacing and grabbing at his hair. He moans.

"Why, why did you have to bring that up?" He stops moving, and starts tugging harder on his always messy hair.

"What're you doing?" I stand up quickly, and grab his hands, attempting to pull them away from his poor hair. His strength against mine is unfair, and his hands move back to his head, covering is eyes.

"Spencer..." I hold his wrists and stand close, my feet between his. He lifts his head from him hands to look at me.

"I heard you and that guy fucking in the bathroom, I can't get that out of my head, you moaning his name. Fuck." He drops his head in his hands, his fingers dig into his forehead. My heart races at his response.

"You what?" I slightly pull back from him.

"I went inside to use the bathroom, and I heard you. Marina, I just can't stand to see you with someone else," his voice cracks. "I feel like my heart is being ripped from my chest." He grips at his shirt.

"I don't think I can do this, see you and not be with you. I know it's been a rough few months but you're my future, Marina. I'm not going to be with anyone else and I don't want to be." His hands hold my face, and he gently pulls me towards him.

"I'm not going to give up on this." My heart began racing as he leans in. His hand placed over my beating heart, his lips nearly touching mine.

"I know you were happy with me, we can have that again," His hand slips to the back on my neck, pulling me into him, our lips meeting.

I moan at the familiarity of his lips. His hands move to mine and he gently pulls me, guiding me to the couch. He shifts himself to move on top of me.

I push against his chest, stopping him. "We can't do this." I shake my head, unable to move from my pinned position.

"Please." He whispers in my ear sending tingles down my spine. He kisses my jaw and leaves a trail down to my neck. I try my hardest not to moan at the feeling, until he spreads my legs and pushes himself against me. He grinds against me until I finally give in.

I unbutton his shirt and pull it off of him, dropping it to the ground, then sliding off mine and doing the same. His hands massage my chest, making my hips roughly meet his. I slide off my pants and take my shoes off with them, then desperately take off his.

"Are we really doing this?" I look up at Spencer. I reach up to touch his flushed cheeks. He nods, and finishes undressing us.

Before he enters me, his fingers massage my hip bones, I lift up, telling him what I want. He nods giving me what I want.

-
I roll over on my side, facing Spencer. He's sleeping on his stomach with his head facing me.

I get out of bed to look for my phone which should be in my back pocket. I pick up the mess of our clothes and get dressed, finding my phone on the ground near the couch. I lift it, four am. Ignoring my messages I turn to face the hallway leading to his room, and just at his figure.

"Shit, you scared me." I notice he's wearing fresh boxers.

"Where are you going?" He walks closer, grabbing my waist and pulling me to him.

"Home. I have to get ready in two hours." I pull away only to be brought back into him.

"Spencer." I say, trying to pull from him again.

"I really don't want to be away from you. I shouldn't have left, I shouldn't have lied to you, or let you fall for someone else." I rest my head against his bare chest.

"I need to be honest with you." I nod, still against his chest.

"I didn't file the papers." I stiffen at his words and slowly pull away from him.

"What? What're you talking about?"

"I knew you wanted to file, so I thought if I did first, you would sign and I would never do anything with them, I know that's really messed up but I thought we had a chance and now more than ever I feel like we do, I'm-"

I tune out his speech. Did he really do that? We're still married?

"We're still married?" I look up at him. He nods.

"I know I shouldn't have done that, I just thought we would regret getting divorced, I wanted to, I want to fix things."

I grab my purse from the floor and walk out the door with him following.

"Marina, please, say something." He grabs my arm stopping me from leaving the building

"I'm going home. You're still as selfish as you've always been." I pull away from his grip. I rush down the stairs and open the main door to the building.

"Let me come with you? Just hold on a second, I'll get my things-"

I walk out of the building and into the dark to find my car.