Chapter 58

|Marina's POV|

"Can you hold this for a second?" I hold out my bag to Spencer.

"Sure." He takes it and smiles at me. I fill out our self check ins. We each have our own carry on items since we'll only be gone a few days. The machine prints out our boarding passes, and we head to the TSA Pre-check line.

Marshall tosses his bag on the belt, and Spencer puts our behind. I walk though first, then Marshall, and lastly Spencer.

"I'm hungry." Marshall frowns at me. I hand him his bag once it comes to the end of the belt.

"Alright, let's get to our gate and we can go find a snack." We ate before we left the house, but Marshall tends to get snacky when we travel, and I'm certainly not going to judge him for it.

The three of us walk to our gate. We often hit the jackpot with uncrowded flights.

"I'm going to go find Marshall a snack, if you want to sit with our stuff." I tell Spencer.

"No, I'll take him, you can sit." I nod, and sit. I watch the two walk away. It really is insane how much Marshall looks like he could be our biological kid. I never really noticed until Chris pointed it out.

It doesn't take long for them to come back. Marshall sits next to me eating his chips and playing on some Nintendo device.

It finally hits me that this is our first family trip, and suddenly I don't want to be mad at Spencer anymore. I really just want to enjoy this trip, and not have to worry about our relationship problems.

"Are you tired?" Spencer sits on my right. I can tell he's walking on eggshells around me. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Mhm." For the thirty minutes we have until we board our plane, I take a nap, still leaning into Spencer with his arm around me.
-

"I need a nap." I drop onto our hotel bed. It's weird having a hotel in California since we typically stay with my family, but since it is Marshall's first birthday with us Spencer and I went all out and now we're staying at the hotel connected to Disneyland. It wasn't cheap.

I swap my jeans for soft pj shorts, and get comfy in our bed. Spencer and I are sharing a bed, and Marshall has his own room.

"You're still tired? I read about fatigue during the first trimester. Your hormonal changes are to blame, and most likely your increase in progesterone levels are making you sleepy." I slept at the airport, and all the way through our flight, and now it finally feels amazing to be in a bed.

Spencer closes the curtains to our room, then lays down next to me.

"Come here." Without opening my eyes I gently pull at him. He presses his body against my back, and tucks his face into my neck.
-

"Alright, smile!" I hold my phone up to take a picture of Spencer and Marshall posing in front of the castle. My ex and I used to make fun of the people that would stop for pictures here but, damn they're cute.

"Excuse me, I can take a picture of all three of you, if you want." I look over at the employee with a camera around his neck.

"Oh that's be great, thanks." I hand him my phone and stand between my guys.

"Say Disney!" I roll my eyes.

Once I get my phone back, I go through the pictures. They're cute, for sure, but my favorite is of me mid eye roll, Spencer staring down at me laughing, and Marshall looking up at us with the biggest smile.

I bite the inside of my cheek to keep the happy tears from coming.

"Are you okay?" Spencer puts his arm around me.

"Shit, yeah. I'm just painfully soft right now." I have to laugh at myself for crying at a picture.

"Oh, okay." He takes my phone and looks at the pictures.

"Can we take pictures at the pumpkin?" I furrow my brows at Marshall.

"You want to voluntarily take pictures?" The kid cooperates for about one picture a day.

"We don't have to..." He looks back and forth between Spencer and I.

"No, we can, let's head over there and see if it's crowded." Halloween is in two days, and somehow we managed to come to Disneyland on a day where it isn't insanely crowded. The Disneyland app labeled the parks attendance as "ghost town."

I'm more than excited to see the pumpkin isn't surrounded.

"Why don't I take a picture of you two?" Marshall holds his hand out for my phone. I look up at Spencer, he's staring down biting his lip.

"Yeah okay, Spence?" Spencer glances at me and pulls my phone from his pocket, handing it to Marshall. We stand in front of the pumpkin, I playfully lift my leg against him.

"Hey." Spencer shifts us so we're facing each other.

"You look cute." I poke his stomach. He leans down to kiss me.

"You know Marshall is watch us, right?" I pull away from him.

He gets down on one knee. I look back at Marshall holding up my phone.

"What are you doing?" I laugh at my husband reaching for my hands.

"I just wanted to get in a cheesy proposal picture since I know you love those. I attempt to pull him back up.

"I'm partially joking, but I do want to promise myself to you. I promise that I will try harder, I promise that I will always put you and Marshall, and the baby first. I promise to not give up on this, even if you do, and I promise to love you forever." I bite my lip to keep it from quivering.

"That's a lot to promise." My voice shakes.

"No, it's really not. I've been horrible to you, Marina, you deserve the absolute best, and I've been lacking. Maybe I can't it all up to you, but I'm sure as hell going to try." I look over at Marshall still filming us.

"Can you get up now?" I pull at Spencer's hands. He stands up and I immediately pull him in for a kiss.

"Thank you." I look up at him.

We finally regroup with Marshall. He smiles widely, I'm sure he's tired of us fighting.

"Thank you." I pull him into me and tightly squeeze him making him groan.

"Now can we go on Tower of Terror? Spencer said if I filmed it, he'd go on it with me." I look up at Spencer.

"Deals a deal." I say and laugh at his very unenthusiastic face.