Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Magic Partners

Wendy's P.O.V

Training is extremely hard, and after a week me, Lucy and Juvia have trained with everyone. Sierra worked with us in agility and speed, Cassandra and Jack taught us how to mask our movements from our enemies and how to move quietly and quickly. Reiki taught us the properties of magic items and weapons and how to use them in battle. Rin taught us about the different properties and types of magic people use.

Now, all that's left is the partners.

"Alright! Now that y'all have trained with each of us, we've seen you're skills! I'll now partner you up with one of us." Sierra grins.

"Juvia, you'll be with Rin. He'll explain why." She smiles as Juvia looks towards Rin.

"Well, we've discovered that each one of you is a candidate to learn a certain type of magic. Juvia, considering you have water magic, you can also learn Water Dragon Slayer magic. It won't be as strong as mine of course, because you already have a type of magic. So, a way to increase you're strength is to create new attack and defense spells combining dragon slayer magic with water magic. Do you understand?" Juvia nods slightly and Rin grins.

"Lucy here can learn illusion magic, it'll center around you're spirits though. Since they disappear when their hurt, we thought that would be a great way to trick an opponent!" Cassie and Jack both fling an arm around her shoulders, grinning like maniacs.

Sierra nods, then turns to me. "You'll be partnered with me. Since you have Sky Dragon Slayer Magic, I think we can use that to increase you're agility! Like using the winds to increase you're speed!" She smiles brightly. "Reiki will make magic supporting items for you and some back up magic weapons, while Lydia still over sees the waterfall of misfortune training."

Lydia cackles evilly while eating a piece of steak. Everyone flinches.

"So, we've got the magic partner training starting tomorrow. Also, we were thinking about making a guild alliance, possibly with Fairy Tail....?"

"No." Me, Juvia and Lucy answer.

"Oh, alright. We'll keep looking then...." Sierra nods.

{I'm just gunna do a time skip, because you guys probably don't wanna hear about training, am I right? If I'm wrong, I could write a training chapter for you? 😂}

After two months of training, a lot of stuff happened. Juvia and Rin became a team, a pretty powerful one at that. Cassie named them the 'Water Souls'. Lucy formed a team with Jack and Cassie, and apparently, working with them gets her into tons of trouble, considering wherever they go they tend to steal food. I formed a team with Lydia and Reiki, I would've formed one with Sierra, but she has paperwork and guild work to do.

Working with Lydia and Reiki is pretty interesting. Right now we just finished a job, apparently this guild still isn't well known, so we don't get as many strong jobs. We're all camping out in the woods, and we'll head home tomorrow. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the founding of the guild, so a big party is being held.

Camping in the woods isn't actually that bad, Reiki created this magic traveling kit. You set this silver sphere on the ground, recite a few words and Wallah! You've got two large tents (one for boys, one for girls) a roaring campfire and comfortable sleeping bags.

So, that's where I am right now. Sitting in front of the fire and toasting marshmallows. I keep trying to start a conversation, but Lydia doesn't talk much and Reiki is.... He's either staring at a magical contraption, or staring at Lydia. I swear, that guy is like a male version of Juvia when it comes to Lydia.

At first, I didn't notice. But on a mission, I noticed him hiding behind a bush and staring at her. Then I noticed him watching her at the guild hall, and then whenever she fights with Jack he gets extremely jealous.

Juvia however, hasn't been as stalker-ish as usual. Probably because Gray kinda betrayed her.... I kinda miss the old Juvia though.

I've tried multiple times asking Lydia what the party will be like, but she always answers with 'I just know they'll have steak.' This girl is like Erza with strawberry cake.

"So, Reiki.... What are you working on?" I point to the contraption in his hands: a gold sphere.

He lifts it up, "Oh, this? It's an improved version of the camp 'n' contraption-" what a horrible name... "It will be able to carry luggage and much more!" He grins. He then goes on to explain how it works, in which I just sit, nod my head, and try to act like I understand. (Imagine how you are in math class 😂)

But, after a while, Lydia finally saved me. "Stop confusing her, invention boy." Reiki nods enthusiastically. "Anything for you Lydia!"

I smile at them, while Lydia ignores Reiki and continues eating steak. How she even got steak is a mystery.

After a while, Lydia goes into the girls tent to sleep, while I stay out here to eat some s'mores. Reiki also stays up to finish his invention. I watch curiously.

"Hey Reiki? Why do you collect magic?" I ask. He stops fiddling with the sphere and thinks about it.

"Hmmm... I think I collect magic 'cause I wanna feel special, you know? I want to feel like I can do things others can't. And what's more spectacular than owning magic?" He grins and continues working on it.

I smile and stand up, "Good night mr. Reiki! I'll see you tomorrow. He nods his head and I head to the tent.

Once I'm inside the tent, I see Lydia curled in a ball. Her ears twitching slightly. I giggle and lay down.

Slowly, I fall asleep.

Once morning arrives, we pack everything up and walk to the guild. By the time we arrive, I'm panting from the long walk. So of course Jack and Cassie have to be fighting.

I sigh as I hear shouts and yells, as I see Cassie whacking Jack with a chair, Rin trying to read a book, Juvia trying to trap the fighting siblings, Lucy yelling at them to shut up so she can get some more sleep, and all the while you can hear Sierra in the background chanting 'Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!'

Then I smile, just a normal day at my normal guild. I love this place.

And as Lydia jumps into the fight and Reiki stalks her in the background, I can't help but grin.

{Whoohoo! Done! 1109 words! Yay!

Anyways, how'd I do? Good? Bad? Bit of both? (Can anyone tell me what this is from? No one? Okay.... It's not really a direct line from the movie, but whatever XD)

I was thinking of doing the next chapter in one of my characters P.O.V That sound like a good idea? If it does, which one? If it doesn't, I'll just do Lucy's P.O.V again.

So, I'm slowly starting to develop my characters more *sigh* but I'm a crappy writer so they won't be amazing characters like the actual Fairy Tail guild. 😭😭😭

Anyways, please vote, comment, and if you really really like this story (no one does.....yet) follow me!

Well, I bid you good bye!}