(UPDATE!) Ending

Hello, so, I feel like writing something today! ....actually I just finished watching all of Haikyuu and it's such an under appreciated show and episode four of season three comes out in five days.... 😭

Anyways, I'm bored, so.... I'm going to give you a small one-shot thingy of how I would have ended this book. First, I'll inform you that Shock Wave won the Grand Magic Games and in the middle of celebrating, the curse on the necklaces is revealed to have been discovered a long time ago. The guild was just scared to tell Wendy, Juvia and Lucy because of what it would mean and what the solution to fixing it was. This is an ending that can be interpreted however you would like, so I'll leave it ambiguous. It may be hard to understand, and this is actually how I planned to do it from the beginning, but don't worry if you don't comprehend it in the way I do! This is for you to decide! Onwards!
(P.S. My writing style improved! Can you tell me whether you like it or not..?)

Light danced across the pale fabric, flooding through the open window. The silence was interrupted only by the soft breaths emitted from the form of a young child. Blue locks of hair spread across a fluffy pillow, illuminated in the light. Eyes closed and soft breaths. Pale hands clutching violently at the fabric broke the perfect image: an image of peace.

The girls eyes flew open and her head whipped up. Her vision was still clouded with sleep, but her hands flailed to grasp onto something, anything, before relaxing at her sides.

Wendy Marvell did not think of herself as a scared child, but something slipped from her mind in that instant of waking that terrified her to the core. "...I've forgotten something important..." A small breath escaped her lips and she sighed. No. Of course she didn't forget anything, everything in her room at Fairy Tail was exactly how it was.

Her eyes widened. Funny, she could have sworn she was somewhere else.

She unceremoniously slipped out of bed and winced at the harshness of the cold floor. Pouting slightly, she made her way over to the large dresser across her room. She slipped on her cloths and began to go about her daily routine, but all the while her mind was somewhere else. Wendy could dream up the strangest things, even she sometimes couldn't believe how outlandish they were. And yet, Wendy Marvell did not think of herself as a childish person.

With a small smile gracing her lips, she combed through her hair with her fingers, thinking about how the color reminded her of someone she couldn't name and couldn't remember. Still gazing at the mirror, she opened a drawer to grab a brush, only for her fingers to graze the sharp edge of paper. She winced and jerked back her hand.

Sucking on her bleeding thumb, she looked down to see the edge of a photograph shrouded in darkness. She flipped it over and moved into the light, but her brows furrowed in confusion at the scene in the captured image.

Wendy always believed that an image held a thousand memories, and yet she couldn't recall a single time in which this moment occurred. It was herself, Juvia Lockser and Lucy Heartfilia with a group of people. The three of them were smiling brightly, and a girl she didn't recognize had an arm carelessly slung over Wendy's shoulder. The girl's own snow white hair was ruffled in the wind, easily displaying her matching ears on the top of her head which were clearly not human. The girl looked nice enough, but with fangs glinting in the sunlight and those eyes- a crimson color matching blood that glowed with a hunger for trouble- she was menacing and dangerous.

The rest of the group did not disappoint when matching the white haired girl with the eyes of danger- every person in the photo held some strange uniqueness. With an arm slung over Lucy and Juvia's shoulder, an older looking teen was grinning widely in the center of the photo. Her eyes were a deep brown- beautiful, but holding a strange assertiveness that did not match the girl's wide grin, and long hair the color of chocolate. Even in a photo, Wendy could tell the others of the group respected her, even Lucy and Juvia, who were grinning just as brightly.

A flash of white in the corner led her to a young boy with white hair near a pair of blondes. Blue eyes seemed to have flicked up from a book just as the picture was taken, but a hand waved subtly at the camera and a small smirk seemed to tug at the corner of his lips. Parallel to him was a boy grinning impishly up at the camera, but his gaze seemed to be on the girl with the red eyed gaze. His appearance seemed to match that of someone born to match fire: orange hair flowing in the sun, a face smeared with soot or some other substance and was that...was that a wrench in his hand?

The last two in the foreground of the photo were undoubtedly siblings, or even twins. Matching hair the shade of wheat and eyes that twinkled both like emeralds and with the promise of mischief. The female had her hand over the reading boy's hair, as if to ruffle it even further from its already messy state. The male had his hands in his pockets and a knowing smirk across his face. In the back were more people, another group that was hard to make out, but there was a flash of white-ish gold and a splash of black, as if someone had gone and painted a yin and yang symbol in the form of two girls in the background.

Wendy frowned, realizing she had been staring at the image for an unknown amount of time. How odd it was that she was captured by strangers in such a simple photo, and yet.... There was an overwhelming sense that she knew these people, that she fit in with these people like they were a piece of a puzzle. She knew that their names were right on the tip of her tongue, and if only she could say a word or two it would all come flooding back.

She smiled and shook her head, "I'm ridiculous. There's nothing I've forgotten. Oh! But the Grand Magic Games start soon, don't they? I wonder if I'll be on the Fairy Tail team again! That would be so much fun, especially with all the new guilds now..." Setting the forgotten photo down, she pulled on her shoes and left her room, leaving that memory on her dresser.

As she walked down the hall, she bit her lip and turned around. "But aren't I forgetting something important..?" She mused, but shook her head. I'm way too imaginative for my own good, but if only this strange feeling would go away..! I'm so childish, making up imaginary friends.

As she strolled down the hall, she continued to chide herself in how silly she was being, and why these childish thoughts of imaginary friends would not leave her. Eventually those thoughts would be forgotten, in a week, a month, maybe a day. The photo would be shoved to the back of the dresser, coated in dust. Forgotten memories would fade further away from the grasp of the human mind. The flash of a smirk from a devilish twin, training with a girl who could run on walls, having a certain contraption built by a young inventor explode would all be a dream invented by some childish fantasy that Wendy Marvell had.

And yet, Wendy Marvell did not think of herself as a childish person.