My Guardian Angel (F)

This is an AU of high school rhink based on the ear biscuits episode when Rhett said
"John Carson was picking on you so I punch him in the stomach."
Obviously I don't now what happened I'm just going with that one sentence so yeah enjoy.

Rhett woke up to Link dancing around his bedroom with his dark jeans half on, his messy morning hair swooping just in front of his eyes. He pulled the jeans up fully as Rhett began to stand up and stretch out his aching muscles.

"Do I have to wake up to you prancing around every time I stay over?"

He took a few strides over to the shorter boy, letting his hands fall to the unbuttoned jeans.

"Do I have to wake up to you being a grumpy little shit every time you stay over?"

Link let a playful grin tug at his lips as he stared up at Rhett, his eyes still hidden by strands of his soft locks. Rhett buttoned up the jeans, lacing his fingers through the belt loops and pulling Link against him, so that their bare stomachs made contact.

He brought his lips down to Links neck and began to suck lightly before Link was pulling away, and looking up with a playfully angry expression.

"Be careful or you'll leave a mark."

"Maybe that was he whole point."

He brought his finger tips up to Links sides and began to tickle him, loud bursts of laughter bounced off the walls as Link tried to run away only to be pulled back by Rhetts strong arms.

"Stop...we need...to get...to school!"

He tried to talk through his giggling and panting, finally breaking free he ran into the bathroom to clean up while Rhett got dressed. Once he was finished they would switch and then they could have breakfast and leave.

***

The first part of the day went as it always did, they went to lessons, shared secret touches and lustful glances when no one was looking and then came lunch. Rhett, Link and their average size group of friends sat round a lunch table talking about whatever conversation came up when Link excused himself to run to the bathroom.

"I'll just be a sec, keep an eye on my bag ok?"

He got a handful of approving grunts before he made his way across the lunch hall minding his own business.

"Hey, gay boy wait up a second."

Link could recognise that voice anywhere. John Carson. He'd never really had any trouble with bullies, he was always with Rhett so no one ever had the guts to confront him, but Rhett was on the other side of the busy lunch hall now.

He tried to turn around and get back to Rhett, but John shoved him in the opposite direction.

"I just wanna talk, don't try and run away you little faggot. Got it?"

Link nodded his head, but didn't dare look up from fear of being hit in the face. He willed himself not to cry, that would only make things worse, John would never let him live that down.

"My sister said you've got yourself a boyfriend, I have to say I'm surprised someone would ever go for a pathetic little freak like you but back to the point. I don't want you infecting my school with your gay germs so I-"

"It's not a disease."

Links words were almost inaudible and he still didn't lift his head, his body was shaking violently and he regretted talking back immediately.

"What the fuck did you say? Did you actually just have the nerve to speak to me?"

As John began to raise his voice Link backed up slightly and looked towards Rhett. Just run for it, once you get to him he'll help you. Just run. He barely ran two feet before John had a fist full of his shirt and was pulling him back.

"Get off of me!"

Almost the whole lunch hall looked over when Link shouted and that's when the tears started to fall. He braced him self as John lifted his fist into the air, but no impact came. Instead he felt John being wrenched away from him.

"If you ever lay a finger on him again I swear to God I will fucking kill you!"

"You can't protect the little pussy forever Rhett."

"You wanna fucking bet?"

Rhett brought his fist round, twisting his entire body and then launched forward into Johns stomach. He doubled over in pain, clutching his arms around his abdomen.

"If I see you so much as look in his direction I will make you wish you never met me."

Rhett turned around with open arms that were soon wrapped tightly around Links body.

"I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you again, I promise."

"I love you"

Link hugged even tighter, burying his face into Rhetts chest.

"I love you too Link"