Prom? (F)

I wanted to write something cute because I'm going through something pretty shit right now. I hope this one makes you guys smile.

AU: Rhett and Link have been together for 6 years, it's the end of college and there's a prom so yeah.

Link stared out at the empty auditorium as he sat on the edge of the large stage. He should have been in math, but he knew he was going to pass that anyway. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a perfectly folded piece of lined paper. His heart rate picked up slightly at the thought of what he had written late last night, he wasn't the confident type, not at all, but this was important to him. Foot steps approaching him from behind caused him to turn his head and he stood up when he saw it was Rhett. He opened the paper with unsteady hands, swallowed the lump in his throat and took a deep breath.
"Rhett James McLaughlin, where do I start?"
Rhett noticed how nervous Link was, so stood quietly without interrupting.

"...you've been my best friend since I can remember and my boyfriend for six years now. Wow. It's weird writing that down on paper, time has passed us by so quickly. Don't you worry though, is still love you just as much as the day I met you. Maybe even more now. I isn't want to blabber on, but at the same time I want to tell you how much really truly love you. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't had the pleasure of being with you. I remember our first kiss, stood outside my house in the pouring rain with no umbrella because you insisted we wouldn't need one. I remember when you first told me you loved me and I remember my mom gasping and jumping up and down with joy from outside my bedroom door. I'll carry those memories and so many more with me until we're old, grouchy pensioners. See I told you I'm blabbing. Anyway I've stalled enough, this is it, I'm going to ask you now."

Link read the last sentence in his head a few times, will you go to prom with me? Memories of their lives together began flashing through his mind. Every tiny little detail, the long nights, the secret touches, talking, laughing, dancing around their dorm. "Will you-" he looked up from the piece of paper to the knowing smile on Rhett's face. Rhett could tell he was getting asked to the prom, but he waited to let Link get the words out on his own. The smaller boys face flashed with what seemed to Rhett like sudden realisation. "Will you marry me?"
Rhett took in a sharp breath as he almost stumbled back. "What?"
"I mean it, will you marry me?"
Rhett strode forwards, scooping Link up in his arms to pull him into a tight hug. "Are you serious?"
"Is that a yes?" Rhett pulled back, staring into Links deep blue eyes. "Yes"