Merlins Mythical Aquarium part 2 (F)

Rhett didn't see Link for the rest of the day after their previous encounter, he just swam around as he usually did thinking about how Link would get him out of the aquarium and where he would even take him. Was he going to take him back to the sea? Would he ever see him again after tonight?

Just as he was starting to worry, all the lights around him went dark and the pump that cleaned his water fell silent. He swam into the little rock cave that he usually slept in, he wasn't really a big fan of the dark and the lights were usually left on at night. After hiding in the cave for what seemed like forever he saw a beam of light moving around the water, followed by the all to familiar sound of Links whistle. With a sigh of relief he cautiously made his way to the surface where Link greeted him with a loving smile as he always did.

"I told you I'd come and get you out"

Rhett peered behind Link to try and make out the large shadow hidden by the darkness of night.

"It's a truck, I'm borrowing it from a friend. I filled the back with water so your tail doesn't dry out or anything"

"Isn't there security cameras or something, what if they see us?"

Link bent down to Rhetts level, reaching his hand out to touch the beautiful creatures face.

"I've turned all the power off, everything is going to be fine Rhett, you just have to trust me."

Rhett gave Link an approving smile and wrapped his arms around him to be carried over to the truck. He was significantly larger than Link, but they got to the truck with only a little difficulty. Unlatching himself from Links chest Rhett pulled himself over the edge of the truck into the cold, shallow water.

"I'll drive as carefully as I can, just keep low and try not to move around."

"Okay, I trust you."

And just like that Rhett was putting his life in Links hands. If he crashed, Rhett would probably die and if he got caught, he'd be forced to return to his prison at the aquarium. All he could do was have faith that Link could get him somewhere safe.

The journey wasn't too long, but the bumps and turns had Rhett falling all over the place. On one occasion he peered over the edge of the truck, only to be greeted by rows and rows of bright street lighting and neon shop signs.

When the vehicle came to a stop and the engine was cut, he did as Link had instructed and stayed low, he crossed his fingers and hoped everything was OK. As he waited he heard the bang of the door closing followed by a hand reaching in to caress his arm. He pulled himself up and immediately began to observe his surroundings, which to his surprise and relief, wasn't a beach.

"Where are we?"

"My house, I've got a pool in the back garden where you can stay until we figure something else out-"

Figure something else out. Was Link implying that he didn't want him to stay with him? Because Rhett would rather live in a pool if it meant he got to see Link everyday.

"-No one will see you. The fences are pretty high and one of the houses next to me is empty, the others got some clueless old lady living there."

Link held his arms out to lift Rhett out of the truck, he carried him bridal style to the back garden and sat him down on the edge of the pool. Rhetts tail flopped into the artificially lit water and he watched as his green and turquoise scales glistened.

Link kicked his shoes off and sat beside him, letting his feet dangle next to the magnificent fin. Rhett had barely said a word since they arrived, he was too worried about what Link said about figuring something else out. He didn't want to go anywhere else and he definitely didn't want to leave Link.

"Why are you helping me?"

Link turned to Rhett, with complete shock etched into his features.

"Are you kidding me? I couldn't leave you there to be taken advantage of, it's just sick how people think they can control you because you're the minority."

They sat in silence again for a few minutes before Rhett spoke up again, this time with a worried tone lacing his voice.

"What happens to you if they find out you brought me here?"

"They aren't going to find out, I'll take the truck back in the morning, so there would have been no way of me getting you here and I'll just go to work tomorrow like nothing's happened."

Instead of asking more questions Rhett decided to just embrace the fact that he was safe right now, with Link by his side. He was safe. What happens tomorrow or next week doesn't matter, because right now was pretty great.

He moved his tail from side to side a little while looking up at the sky, then nonchalantly stroked it across Links leg. Receiving no reaction, he decided to swipe his tail and steal another touch. Nothing. He was beginning to think he might have upset Him in some way, but then Link moved his right hand on top of Rhetts left, lacing their fingers together.

The darker haired man craned his neck in Rhetts direction, looking from his beautiful green eyes to his full lips. A devious grin played across Rhetts face as he turned to mirror Link.

"Why are you looking at me like-"

Before Link could finish his sentence, Rhett wrapped his arms around the smaller boys waist and dived into the cold water. Without releasing his grip on Link, he swam to the middle of the pool and held him above the water.

"Are you crazy? Why did you do that?"

"You were going to kiss me."

"You don't know that, and even if I was, that's no reason to drag someone into a pool."

Link hung his arms over Rhetts shoulders and loosely held on to the back of his neck in order to stay afloat. He noticed his glasses had fallen off and were probably going to get jammed in a pipe somewhere.

"I'm not a good swimmer and what if I'd gone into shock from the cold water? What if-"

"Link, shut up"

Rhett laughed at Links over exaggerations and couldn't help but feel a warm feeling in his chest when he looked into his blue eyes.

"I just don't think-"

Without caring how that sentence ended, Rhett kissed Link slightly harder than their first kiss earlier in the day. It took Link a moment to kiss back, but when he did, all his troubles melted away. The two fit together like puzzle pieces, they moved at the perfect pace. Link moved his hands up to Rhetts hair, tugging gently to receive an approving moan. He took the opportunity to take control and slide his tongue against Rhetts. Deepening the kiss, making his heart pound and his mind spin.

They carried on with the heated session before Rhett breathlessly pulled away, resting his head against Links shoulder and whispering against his hot skin.

"I said...shut up."