The Lake (F)

Prince X Servant AU, I've been watching Merlin and listening to a lot of Blue Neighbourhood and I just feel like I need one of these in my life so I thought 'why not write it yourself you thirsty bitch?' Also please comment requests so I can write for you beautiful people, I'm doing a part 2 to '7 minutes in heaven', what else to you horny little buggers want to see? OH YEAH and I came out to my family since I last updated wooo

Link sat upon the routes of an old oak tree that he'd known since he was a young boy, the setting sun cast a golden glow across the land as far as he could see. It gave everything it touched a hint of something he couldn't explain, something like a burst of life, just...something. He noticed how defined the hills and trees across the lake appeared, their dark silhouettes contrasted with the yellow and orange tones perfectly, such beauty couldn't be captured by the most talented painters. You had to see this for yourself to understand how mesmerising it was.

"See something you like?" Link tore his eyes from the sky and turned to the voice he knew and loved. Pushing himself from the ground he ran over to a surprised Rhett, leaping into his arms and pulling him tightly to his chest. "Jesus Link, you act like you haven't seen me in months." He hugged tighter, ignoring the Princes playful taunts "I missed you, asshole."
"I'm royalty, you can't call me an asshole."
"You're a royal asshole." Link laughed, breaking the hug and immediately connecting their lips before Rhett could protest. It was sweet and passionate moments like this that they rarely got to share unless they traveled far away from the castle, away from prying eyes. Link didn't mind, but he knew it bothered Rhett to have to hide who they were and how much they truly loved one another.

After a few minutes Rhett paused and looked down at the boy before him, he let his mouth fall open as he let out an exaggerated gasp and took a large step away from his lover. Link furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "what? What is it?"
"No, I can't possibly tell you" Rhett ran his fingers through his hair and began pacing back and forth while mumbling to himself. "I don't understand"
"God it's just- no I can't" Rhett turned away, a grin tugging at the corner of his lips until Link spun him around and he kept the act going. "I'm worried come on, please tell me what it is?" Rhett took a breath and rest his hands on Links shoulders "ok, I don't want you to worry but-"
"But what!?"
"You're just...so beautiful"

A stunned silence fell between them, only the sound of a light breeze and the quiet lake could be heard for miles. Until Rhetts loud laughter echoed through the trees as he began to run across the bank, an angry Link a few feet behind. He shouted short phrases between breaths, things like "I'm gonna get you for that" and "see this is why you're an asshole". They ran several yards until Link finally caught up, grabbing onto the Prince and pulling them both to the ground. They lay there catching their breath, panting and laughing together like children. "It's not funny, you know I worry about you."
"Then why are you laughing?" Link got up and straddled Rhetts waist, his hands rest upon his own thighs. He pulled the most serious face he could and stared into Rhetts eyes. "Does it look like i'm laughing to you?"
"Hmm" Rhett brought his fingers up to Links sides and began to tickle him, in return Link let out the loudest and most beautiful laugh Rhett had ever heard. Not for long though as Link grabbed his hands and pinned them on the ground above his head. He was breathing hard again and the sun had complete set by now. "This is the part where you kiss me" Rhett said with a confidant smile, "my lord, surly someone of your status shouldn't be kissing a lowly servant like myself. Maybe you should find yourself a pretty little princess to kiss you." Rhett pulled his hands away and flipped them over so Link was underneath him, "are you volunteering, princess?"
Link flipped them back over one last time "with all do respect your majesty I'm not your princess." Rhett saw a lustful glint flash in Links eyes before he finally kissed him. He wasn't use to Link showing a dominant side and he wasn't sure if this was going to become a regular thing, but he was loving it right now either way.

They would go on to spend the night beside the lake, tangled together under the stars on that beautiful summer night. It didn't matter how complicated their lives were going to become, right there in that moment they were together, they were happy, they were one.