Breathe (S)

~Hey bitches. Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me~

This is an AU obviously. Let's say it's set when they're like 25ish and Link has his cute lil wings still bc that shit just gets to me ya know?

Quick question: What was your gay awakening? If you're straight then I guess I feel bad for you, son.

Link wasn't one to falter in keeping his secrets, but God damn was he being tested today.

Just like everyone else on the planet, Link was hopelessly head over heals in love with Rhett. It wasn't something he even paid much attention to anymore, he knew nothing would ever come of it and he was happy just being as close as they were. However this was all irrelevant given the current topic of conversation, because hiding your feelings is one thing, but hiding them while standing completely naked next to the love of your life is a whole other level.

"Come on, Link, please I need to shower so bad. I can't go to the airport like this." Rhett stuck out his bottom lip and tried to make himself look as helpless as he could in order to win the latter over. "Are you kidding me!? You showered yesterday."
"Dude..." Rhett dragged his plead out into a whine, clinging onto Links shirt. "...how about we just shower together then?" Link choked on his breath and turned away to hide the blush creeping onto his tanned cheeks. "What are you- I mean- No. Why would you even-"
"Oh come on, we'd both get to shower and we won't miss our flight. What's the problem?"

Link tried not to imagine the situation, Rhett's beautiful toned body wet and soapy, hands massaging shampoo into his beautiful soft hair. He was doing a great job not thinking about it. "Dude, are you drooling?" Link shook his head, wiping his lip with the cuff of his sleeve. "Ok fine, but-"
"Yes! Come on then quick or we're really gonna be late." Rhett rushed passed into the bathroom with a little too much enthusiasm if Link did say so himself. "Please God give me strength." He heard the shower turn on in the distance and had to mentally slap himself to see if he was dreaming. "Charles come on."

Link walked into the bathroom, immediately fixing his eyes on Rhett's faded out form on the steamed up glass of the shower cubicle. This couldn't have been happening right now. He pulled his sweater over his head and shook off his pants, but his legs wouldn't let him walk to the shower. He was about to live out at least five of his dreams, six if they magically transported into the middle of a packed football stadium, but that was less of a dream and more of a traumatising nightmare he had once. "Why are you just standing there you creep?"
"I'm coming." (He had said that in all six of those dreams too.) Link let out a weak laugh at his own humour and tried his best to ignore his nerves, what was he even nervous about? He could totally have a platonic shower with his bro and not pass out.

Finally he mustered up the courage and opened the cubical with his eyes fixed to the floor, he stepped inside and started counting to ten in his head to help keep himself calm. "I'm nearly done with my hair and then we can swap yeah?" Link hummed in agreement, still trying to separate himself from the situation as much as he could. Although to be fair, while he was here he might as well take advantage of the opportunity, after all he's only human. He slowly lifted his gaze taking in every inch of Rhett's ankles, calves, thighs. "Hey!" Rhett turned around just as Link's eyes had reached the one area he didn't want to be caught looking. "I wasn't-"
"Charles Lincoln Neal, were you checking out my ass?" Link lifted his hands in defence, looking anywhere thats wasn't Rhett's body. "What? No I-"
"Dude, chill. I'm joking. Jesus you really need to learn how to take a joke." Rhett's laugh ricocheted off the walls beautifully, well at least Link thought so. They switched sides and Link at last got to feel the familiar sensation of the warm water streaming down his body. He zoned out for a minute, remembering those dreams he'd had so many times before. Rhett's hands on him, all over him, setting his skin on fire. Everywhere. His chest. His face. His hair. His hair? Rhett's hands in his hair? He snapped back to reality with Rhett's actual hands in his actual hair. He pulled away and turned to him with so much speed he almost slipped over. "What are you doing?" Rhett looked at him confused, like this was totally normal for your average bro shower. "You weren't washing your hair so I did it for you." Link gently pushed Rhett back a step creating some distance between them. "Ok well let's not do that."
"Ok well let's not do that" Rhett repeated back in a mocking, overly southern tone that sounded practically identical to Link at age five. "You don't have to be a dick about it"
"You don't have to be a dick about it." This time Rhett reached out and pinched the skin on Link's bicep. "Ow! that actually hurt." Link slapped Rhett's arm and got a slap to the same spot in return, this went back and forth a few times before Link pushed Rhett lightly. "Alright Charles, you win. Let's just finish up." Rhett was still laughing, but as soon as Link let down his guard he pushed him against the tiled wall, pinning his wrists above his head with one hand and snaking his other around Link's neck gently. "Ha, I lied."