Chapter Three

Sneaking out was not on my list of things to do while I'm home. But I also figured it was going to happen anyways. That's just how it is with my friends. Well, with Jett. I'm going to change him though. After this party.

I walked up to Rupert and told him we were doing some late night shopping, and if Dad asks, we'll be at the mall.

"Alright," he said with his British accent. "But if you guys really aren't going to mall and partying, and he finds out, you're in huge trouble. Don't worry," he began to whisper, "I won't tell anyone."

I grinned. "Thanks, Rupert." I handed him some money. "You deserve this."

He smiled. "Thank you."

We headed out to the garage and looked for vehicles to ride. We found three bikes. They were sleek and definitely fun to ride on. I got on one with Eli - I was the one driving. Sophia was with Jett; she looked a little ticked, but didn't freak. Spence rode with Anakin. They looked cute together if I say so myself.

I put on a helmet and handed one to Eli. I said into the microphone so everyone could hear me, "Where are we going Jett?"

"I dunno. But I'll lead the way!"

Jett seems so much better when he's sober and not high.

Anakin asked, "Why aren't you driving, Eli?"

Eli was clung to me. "I'm freakin' terrified of bikes!"

I laughed. "It'll be okay, Eli. Don't worry."

We headed out of the garage and onto the road. The only time when I'm happy being on that crazy road is when I'm on a bike. It just seems so much more entertaining! And it's funny because Eli is so scared. He was going suffocate me - I swear. But at the same time, I loved it.

"You doing alright back there?" I asked him.

"Uhm...yeah..." his voice was a bit shakey. Poor fella.

Jett led us to some new club. The building was humongous with bright colors. The music was super loud. The bass was vibrating the whole parking lot.

Eli let go of me as soon as we parked and got off. "Thank God!" He pulled off his helmet and put it on one of the handles. I put my helmet on the other and smiled.

I ruffled through Eli's hair. "You survived."

"Barely."

I rolled my eyes.

The group walked up to the guy at the door. We showed our IDs and headed inside. The whole place was crowded with people.

We found a table and sat down. Jett ordered us some alchololic beverages. Great. I never drink. Neither does Spence. We both looked at each other a little uncomfortable.

Jett told us, "Hey, relax. They aren't that bad. They make you feel good!"

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

A robot rolled up to us with our drinks. The liquid looked like it was glowing green.

"What did you order us?" Eli shouted over the loud music.

"I dunno," Jett answered. "It just looked good!"

I sighed. But I decided to take a sip. It tasted like green apple and lime mixed together. It had a burning sensation, too, but it wasn't that bad. It felt good. This was bad. My conscience was definitely telling me this was a bad idea, but I ended up chugging the whole thing.

A new song came on, and I pulled Eli out from our table. "Come dance with me!"

"Uhm...okay?"

"This is a good song!" I didn't even know what it was.