Chapter Fifteen

Third Person Point of View

Derringer pounded his fist on the table. Breili had taken out his ship he recently bought. He knew it was a bad idea to buy it in the first place, but he didn't think Breili was that bright. She should be dead. She should've died that night when one of his workers crashed that car on her. But no! She had to survive.

He sighed and leaned back agaisnt his chair. Katherine was on her way to Madagascar; she should terminate Breili. He was saving her till last minute's notice. She was his best agent. Light created her, and Derringer. Of course they're going to be amazing.

He watched Katherine's ship fly. He pressed the speaker button. "Katherine, can you go any faster?"

She rolled her eyes. She was now wearing human flesh. No one would know she's a robot. "I'm going as fast as I can, Derringer. If you wanted me to go any faster, you should've given me something with better thrusts."

Derringer sighed. "I'm sooooorry." He wasn't. "But you know what to do."

She held up the gun for him to see. "Of course, Sweetie."

The gun she was holding was a gun that would kill Breili stone dead. It wasn't just a normal gun. It had special capabilities that made Breili's robotic parts stop. They would malfunction and literally kill Breili. Without those parts, Breili would be dead. They can be shut down for a short time, but not permenantly. That's what the gun is for. Permenant damage.

Cooper has no idea this type of gun exists, but he does know about the shutting down part. He hasn't told Breili yet. He doesn't want to screw things up. He knows her emotions are getting stronger and stronger. If they become too strong, she could die.

Cooper was sitting at his desk. Everyone was in bed. Well, except for Breili. She had fallen asleep on the couch behind him. She didn't want to go to sleep in a different room with no one to protect her (Cooper said no one can share rooms this time). He did regret saying that, but he didn't want anything going on. Crystal had a spasm when she saw Jett on top of Sophia. They weren't doing anything bad, but she didn't like it.

He had let Breili stay out with him while he does research. They talked for a few hours and then she had passed out. She was the most tired of all; he knew it. She's been through too much in the past 48 hours.

He sighed and closed his laptop. He spun around in his chair and looked down at her. She was curled up into a little ball, drooling. He stood up and walked up to her quietly. He picked her up, careful not to wake her.

Her head leaned against his chest in her sleep. She moaned a little, but she didn't wake up. Good.

Cooper felt like when they were younger and their dad was away. She'd stay with him at night and fall asleep, and he would have to carry her to bed. He hasn't done this in ages it seems.

He walked to her room. Gently, he lied her down on her bed. He pulled the covers over her small body. Then he lied down next to her. He wasn't going to stay there, but he just lied there for a few moments. He whispered, "You're going to be okay," he took her hand. She gripped onto it tightly in her sleep. "I promise." He was going to keep that promise.

"Breili, I will protect you. I promised Dad. And now I'm promising you that you'll be safe." He let go of her hand and got up. Before he left the room, he kissed her forehead. Then he went to his own bedroom with Crystal.

First Person Point of View

I woke up in my bed the next morning. I sat up straight and looked around. My room was blank and boring. No one was in there. I grew very scared.