Chapter Eleven

Breili didn't wake up for a few days. She missed a lot. The group had to get stronger, quickly. Something was coming. Nobody knew who, how, or why, but they knew they were in trouble for coming back to the mansion.

Franklin brought out the guard-bots. He hadn't needed to use them since World War Four broke out when Cooper was a little toddler. He was afraid they'd come to the mansion and try to kill the Van Doiles. The war took place in America. It didn't last as long as they expected. Only about 5 years.

The group stayed together. Cooper moved Breili and her medical things back to her room, and the group stayed with her. They took shifts to guard her. Anakin was against the guard-bots on protecting their good friend. He didn't trust them.

"When will she wake?" Sophia asked her brother one night. He was looking out the window, a lazar gun in his arms. She was looking down at the sleeping Breili.

"I don't know, Soph. But I hope it's soon. We need her."

Sophia yawned and stubbled up to him. "Ugh. How much longer do we have to watch?"

"I'll make the shifts longer if you keep complaining."

She glared at him. She was tired and extremely cranky. She wanted to go back to sleep. Anakin wouldn't let her. She smirked at a thought that popped into her head. "Ani," her voice sounded childish. Her eyes were huge, and she had a pose that a toddler would do. "Please can I go to sleep?" She bat her long eye lashes.

Anakin grinned at seeing his sister try. "No." He sniggered a little. "Good try though, Sis."

She rolled her eyes. "You're no fun."

"Oh, I'm loads of fun." He grinned, showing his perfect teeth.

That made her smile. She didn't know why, but she would always end up smiling as soon as he did.

Then there was a short pause.

She turned back to Breili. Eli was asleep next to her, holding her hand. She always knew it'd be those two. They were best friends. They still are. They hung out more than anyone else did. Everyone assumed they were in some super secret, super mysterious relationship that they were sworn to never tell anyone. Yes, most of that came from Jett. But Sophia knew better. She knew they were just friends, but they both fell in love with each other.

She looked down on the floor. Riley was next to the bed, holding Breili's other hand. He had a gun in his other hand, too. He warned Eli if he laid one finger on her in a way he doesn't like, he will shoot Eli. Eli didn't know that his gun was only a weak, lazar gun. It was the weakest of weak. The worst you could get from it is a scar.

"What do you think it'd be like to be bonded?" She broke the silence, staring at Riley's hand and Breili's hand.

Anakin turned and shrugged. "I dunno. Complicated. You'd be invading each other's privacy. Bry and Eli would never be on a date completely alone because he's so protective."

"Would you invade my privacy if I was on a date?"

"Date? You would never go on a date!"

She rolled her eyes.

"You and Jett have never even gone on an official date. Hanging out doesn't count."

"And what is an 'official' date then?" She used to fingers like she was quoting official.

"Well, you two go to some restaurant and go to a nice movie afterwords. No one would be around either. And when he drops you off here before he goes to his house, he gives you a goodnight kiss."

Sophia couldn't help but laugh at Anakin. "Ani, I didn't think you were the romantic type."

He shrugged. "I don't go on dates, remember? Spence doesn't want to date yet."