Chapter Sixteen

Katherine stood at the door frame in front of Eli and Breili. Eli had to protect Breili. But he had limited time. Could he call for help? What if they hadn't came in fast enough?

Eli rose from the ground. "Don't you ever give up?!" He stared at her.

She smirked. "I have a duty. And you're in my way." She pulled out a small hand gun and cocked it. "Now, if you don't get out of the way, I will cause two deaths in one night."

Eli recognized her voice, but he couldn't place a face for her. He heard it...when? It wasn't so long ago. Was it?

His head began to spin. He saw images of a robot with a female body. He pushed that aside when Katherine pounced on him.

He caught her in mid-pounce and threw her to the ground, causing a loud thud. He was sure someone in the house would hear that and come out.

She sat up at a 90 degree angle and cocked her neck sideways. Her eyes light up and her head turned back to normal. "You really think you could stop me?"

"Who are you?!" He shouted.

She rose from the ground. "None of your business. Although, you do know me." She winked.

Eli shook his head like he was flinching from her. He rammed right into her, but she barely moved that time. It was like she locked herself down to the floor.

Cooper ran out. "What the Hell's going on?!"

Katherine cocked her head in his direction. "Oh, so you aren't alone? Shame. I guess that means I'll have to bury more bodies tonight."

Eli didn't like that woman. She was rude. But where had he heard that voice from before?

From behind, he launched at her, taking her down. He laid atop of her, pushing her arms down his hands. "Get help!" He told Cooper.

Cooper turned and ran down the hall. He woke everyone up. Jett ran out with a lazar gun. "Alright, where is she?!" He looked down at Eli. "What the heck are you doing, Eli?"

"I'm trying to keep her down!"

Katherine moved her arms, but Eli's strength was stronger than she had expected.

"Well, hold still!" Jett yelled.

Eli did as he said and Jett shot Katherine in the back of the head. She quit squirming and her head landed on the ground.

Eli stood up, rubbing his hands together. "Thanks, bro."

"Dude, I did not wanna be woken up."

Everyone else was standing at the hall, staring. Spence ran out and squatted down. "Is Breili okay?" She brushed Breili's hair out of her face.

Eli nodded. "Yeah. She wasn't touched."

Cooper walked up to Katherine. "Who is she?"

Eli shook his head. "I have no idea, but I remember her voice. I just can't remember the name..." He sighed.

Sophia put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't sweat it, okay?"

"I know," he waved his hand at her, pushing her away. "I just...I need to step out for a moment." He walked out of the house and stared at the full moon, shining above his head.

He thought to himself quietly, "Who is she? Why did she want to kill Breili?" He remembered her saying she has a duty. "What for?"

A few minutes after pacing and talking aloud, Riley came outside. "Eli, calm down. You're gonna explode."