Sixteen

"Wait, what? Me?" I nodded. "You liked me? Kylie took me from you?" I nodded again. "So here's my saying I wish I could've had you all this time and I fucking could've?" I nodded once again.

"I know, Luke. Trust me, I know"

"Do you still feel the same way as you did back then?"

"I didn't until we started this mess. Now I don't know how I feel"

"Shit, Mads. I can't believe I was the guy that you liked. I thought you always hated me?"

"It's the girl version of a guy throwing a ball at the girl they like"

"Oh"

"That's why Kylie and I don't get on"

"Because of me?"

"You're part of the reason, I guess" I said. "It made it worse by you guys getting married. I mean I didn't like you then, those feelings went at the end of high school. It was more the fact that Kylie wouldn't have even had an interest in you if it wasn't out of spite for me"

"I wouldn't have thought you'd be the one who liked me"

"Honestly, who didn't like you? You were pretty hot back then"

"And I'm not now?"

"Not with that ego"

"Fuck you"

"Maybe another night" I winked as he smirked.

"When we get back, I'm going to come over and stay for the weekend. Bring Lola too"

"I'd love that"

"Good. Also, every couple of months my parents have a dinner party thing with their old business partners. I'll have to go and I'm sure Kylie will have an excuse for not going but I'm probably going to need someone to look after Lola then, would you?"

"Um, yeah, sure"

"Kylie might decide to be a good mother then but I don't see that happening"

"It's fine, Luke, I'll watch her" He smiled and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Thank you"

"We should get some sleep" I repeated my words from earlier. We'd been led in the dark for the past half an hour talking.

"Yeah, good night, Madison"

"Good night, Luke"

*********

I woke up to an empty bed. I looked around the room and saw no evidence of Luke still being here. I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands before taking my phone off charge. I saw I had two texts.

From: Luke

Morning, sorry I wasn't there when you woke up. I didn't want to risk anyone catching me leaving your room. Thanks for a good night xx

I smiled before checking the other message.

From: Sydney

We're all having breakfast down in the hotel restaurant at 9. Meet you there.

I looked at the time seeing I had 20 minutes to get ready. I quickly picked out an outfit and then went to have a shower. Normally I wouldn't bother but after last night, it was necessary. After I was done I threw my outfit on and brushed my hair which is managed to stop from getting wet. I pulled on some boots before grabbing my hand bag and leaving the room. I was five minutes late to breakfast. I got down there and saw Kylie, Luke and Sydney were the only ones there.

"Hey" I said as I sat down. Kylie and Sydney mumbled replies as they looked over the menu.

"Morning" Luke said and smirked. I smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"We don't know" Kylie said. She didn't seem in a good mood and I was starting to wonder why.

"What the hell is this? Does anyone speak French?" Sydney asked. She turned to look at me.

"Spanish, remember?" I joked sarcastically and she rolled her eyes.

"Luke, you wouldn't happen to be fluent in French, would you?"

"I know a little" I watched as he translated the menu for Sydney.

"Wow, a little? That is not a little" He smirked at my words.

"I guess I'm a man of many talents"

"I wouldn't go that far, honey" Kylie said from beside him, not even looking up from her menu. He rolled his eyes and I stifled a laugh, turning into in a cough to 'clear my throat'. A waiter came and took our orders and Kylie excused herself once he was gone.

"What's up with her this morning?" I asked Luke.

"She's pissed because last night she went to my room and knocked on the door and I didn't answer it so she used the other key she had for my room to get in and found I wasn't there"

"Where were you then?" Sydney asked. Luke glanced over at me and I gulped.

"Maddie's room"

"Seriously? You guys got caught kissing yesterday and then went and had sex last night?"

"We just talked" I said and she raised her eyebrows.

"Honestly, we did" Luke said.

"You're lying. Mads, you're a shit liar"

"OK, we had sex" I admitted quietly. She smirked.

"You two just can't keep your hands off each other, can you?" Luke and I both rolled our eyes. "So what is happening with you and Kylie?" She asked Luke.

"We're trying to get a divorce, she's cheating, I'm cheating. Basically we might as well just break up"

"Then why don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah, then Maddie can have you all to herself"

"Shut up" I nudged her.

"Kylie's more stubborn than you are, how the fuck will I get her to agree to a break up?"

"A divorce is a break up. It's just more official"

"Kylie wants us to stay together until the divorce is done"

"When will it be done?"

"Well she won't sign the papers but my lawyer's getting around that. Hopefully a month"

"Who will get custody of Lola?"

"She told me she doesn't care and that I can look after her and have custody"

"She's a shit wife and mother" Sydney said and Luke and I agreed just as I saw Kylie coming back.

"Kylie's coming" I warned and they nodded. Sydney started a conversation with Luke about work and acted as if we hadn't been bitching about our friend. The rest of this trip was going to be long.