Twenty

Luke's POV

"Are you sure you're OK to look after Lola today whilst I go to work?"

"Luke, we'll be fine. Won't we, Lola?"

"Daddy you'll be late for work!" Lola began pushing his legs.

"I'm taking that as a yes then" Maddie said.

"But what about your work?"

"I can work from here. Besides I can barely remember the last time I got a day off"

"But she's my daughter and I feel bad that I'm going to work and you're not"

"I told you, I'm willing to fill the gap for Lola"

"I know, I know. I just don't want you to feel pressured"

"Just go to work and watch over that empire of yours"

"OK, I'm going. I'm going" I told her. I was already running late. "Bye, princess" I leaned down, kissing Lola's forehead before watching her run off.

"See you later" Maddie said as I hugged her.

"Bye, I love you"

"I love you too" I pecked her lips before leaving.

****

"Hemmings, haven't seen you since Paris" Calum said, coming into my office. I saw Ashton following behind and let them sit down in front of me. "So what's been happening?"

"Yeah, Calum filled me in on everything"

"Um, not much really" I replied.

"Not much? You were cheating on your girlfriend for two months and now you're actually with her, it's done?"

"Maddie's my girlfriend now and I'm getting custody of Lola. Kylie wants nothing to do with her. We're currently staying with Maddie"

"I'm glad you're happy" Ashton said and I nodded.

"I am"

"How's Maddie feel about Lola? I mean if you guys are pretty serious she's practically Lola's step mum"

"Maddie said she was happy to fill in. I'm not forcing her to though"

"Do you think you'll end up marrying Maddie?"

"I don't know, maybe. Guys, we've been together for like a week, not even that"

"Just to let you know, I'm the best man this time" Ashton said.

"Whatever" I laughed, rolling my eyes. "How's Michael been lately? I haven't spoken to him in ages"

"He's alright, Kira broke up with him so he's been better"

"I'll go see him sometime"

"Why don't we all go out? You can bring Maddie and Calum can bring Rocsi" Ashton said.

"And you can bring Sophie" Calum told him.

"I'll get Maddie to bring one of her friends for Michael"

"Sounds good. So, Friday night?"

"Let's do it"

***

"I'm home" I shouted into the apartment as I shut the front door.

"Daddy!" Lola yelled excitedly as she ran over to me in the hallway.

"Hey, sweetie" I said, putting my stuff down and picking her up. She hugged me as Maddie walked over to us.

"Hey" She said, wrapping an arm around my back as I leaned in to peck her lips.

"Hi" I replied once I'd pulled away.

"That's an adorable photo" I turned my head to see my mum walking towards us, looking down at her phone.

"Mum, what are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to see my granddaughter and my son's girlfriend?"

"I just didn't expect you to be here"

"I wanted to check on you all after the other night" I nodded. "I should get going. It was good to see you, Maddie. Bye, sweetie" Lola smiled at her and Maddie hugged my mum.

"Send me those photos" Maddie said and my mum nodded. Maddie took Lola from me so I could say bye.

"Bye, Luke"

"Bye, mum" I hugged her before she left.

"You're home later than I expected"

"I'm a workaholic"

"I can relate to that"

"I'm tired" Lola mumbled making us turn our attention to the girl in my arms.

"Do you want to go to bed?" She nodded. I went and sorted Lola out before going back into the living room, taking off my jacket and loosening my tie so I could take it off. I undid the top couple of buttons on my shirt and took a seat beside Maddie who had poured wine for the both of us.

"So, how was work?" She asked, moving to face me on the sofa as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"As good as work can get. It was good to be back though. I saw Calum and Ash at lunch, Michael's girlfriend just broke up with him so we were thinking of all going out Friday night, you in?"

"Sounds good, haven't been out since Paris"

"We all know how that turned out" I said, smirking as I pecked her lips. "Rocsi and Ashton's girlfriend will be there too"

"I'll have someone else there then"

"I was wondering if maybe you could ask one of your other friends to come, for Michael"

"I'll ask Sydney"

"How was Lola today?"

"She was good, especially when your mum came over. She didn't let me get much work done"

"That doesn't surprise me, she's the same when I work from home"

"Daddy? Maddie?" We turned to look at the small girl who was walking towards us.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Maddie asked.

"I can't sleep, I'm scared"

"Of what?" I asked, pulling her between Maddie and I. She shrugged. "Do you want to sleep with mu- um, I mean with Maddie and I?" She nodded.

"Come on, let's go to bed"