Chapter 8 The Comfort

AHHHHHHHHHH! THIS BOOK HAS ALMOST 300 READS AND 40+ VOTES!!!! AJDHDGAHAJXGDGEKAVDHEKAH! YOU. GUYS. ARE. THE. BEEEEEEEST! I LOVE Y'ALL!!!!! PKYUUUU~(。>ω<。)
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Shin-ah's POV [You're welcome ;) ]
--------------------------------------------------------
She was walking a couple feet ahead of me, her dress swaying with each step. I was contemplating why, exactly, I had pulled her from Jae-ha the way I did. I even growled at him. But, I just couldn't...I couldn't stand him being so...close to her. And she looked so scared. I didn't like it.

"Shin-ah?" Her sweet voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at her and saw her brows were knit with concern. "You okay? You haven't talked at all. I mean that's kind of normal for you, I guess, but I feel like you're acting kind of strange." She walked back towards me until she was just a few inches away from me. "Are you feeling sick?" She asked sweetly. "Your face is kind of red. Here, let me check your temperature." She reached up and placed her delicate hands on each side of my mask, getting ready to take it off.

I quickly grabbed her hands and removed them from my mask. She looked at me with wide, stunned eyes, her hands still in the air. "S-sorry." She stuttered, a close eyed apologetic smile on her face. I immediately felt a wave of guilt roll over me. I shook my head and placed a gloved hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me with sad eyes, pulling at my heart even more.

"Its....okay." I mumbled. "I'm okay." She smiled gently with knit brows and nodded.

"Alright," she said. "Then I won't push. Shall we head back?" She held out her hand slightly with a big, beautiful, close eyed smile. I nodded and took her hand as gently as I could, for fear I would hurt her, and we walked back to the others.

---------------------------------
Your POV
--------------------------------
We walked back to the others, hand in hand the entire time. We didn't say anything, but to break the silence, I hummed a random tune.(cue video) Well, it wasn't a random tune. It was one my mother always played on her bamboo flute when I was little. She would play it during the summer when we lived in Awa. I smiled as I hummed the tune, forgetting the world around me.

I heard a small chuckle from next to me. I looked over to see Shin-ah smiling at me softly. My face went beet red and I quickly stopped humming and turned away from the masked man. I didn't think about the fact that Shin-ah would be able to hear me. I was probably off tune and he probably thought it was weird. I was starting to feel more and more embarrassed the more I thought about it. Shin-ah gave my hand a light squeeze, causing me to look at him, and turned his face forward. I turned my face away again and awkwardly twirled my hair in my fingers with my free hand. After a second, I squeezed his hand, not daring to look at him, for fear of completely losing my cool.

I heard Shin-ah chuckle again and give my hand another squeeze before whispering, "Cute." That one word made my heart race a mile a minute. I am not. I thought. But the fact that he thought I was...it made me happy. Really happy. I smiled shyly as the two of us walked back to the group, now in complete silence.

We made it back to the others shortly after that. Hak and Jae-ha were there along with the others. Hak was the first to notice our presence.

"Where did you two go?" He asked with a knowing smirk on his face.

"A walk." I answered nonchalantly. I walked over to Yona with a smile. "Hey, Yona!" I said happily. "What's going on?" She smiled happily.

"Hi, (y/n)!" She beamed. "Nothing really. Yoon was getting ready to make dinner. He might need some help." I gave her a bright smile and nodded sharply.