Chapter 14 The Nightmare

PKYUUUUUUUUUUUU~

Hiya! I'm back, finally! I have been working ever since I got back from my Florida trip...

Sorry...^_^'

Anyway, let's get on to the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin-ah's POV
------------------------

I woke up in the middle of the night to see (y/n)'s face hovering above mine. My eyes immediate went wide with surprise as I realized I had fallen asleep while she was drying my hair.

I felt awful. And slightly disappointed. I looked up at her sleeping face, admiring how it seemed to sparkle in the moonlight. I slowly brought my hand to her cheek and touched it lightly. I thought about how familiar this felt. Her face just inches above.

I suddenly remembered that night in lake. She looked so beautiful that night, almost like an angel. I remember being terrified to look her in the eye, knowing I could end her life so easily. I didn't want that, so I had hidden, like a coward.

When she forced me to show her, I kept thinking about how I didn't want her to die. Somehow, she survived. I remember how clear I could see her, the mask not blocking her from my view. I could always see her through the mask, I could see almost everything through the mask, but seeing her without it was different. When she stared into my eyes, I felt something well up inside me. Something incredibly moving, causing me to want to touch her, to hold her close.

As she held my hands underwater, I felt her tremble slightly. She was cold, maybe even freezing. I instinctively picked her up and held her above the chilling water. Seeing her smiling face so clearly warmed my heart. Her beautiful (E/C) eyes sparkled with the reflection of the water, her (h/l) (h/c) hair seemed to glow in the moonlight.

Everything about her made my heart race that night.

And now. Now my heart is racing as her sweet face hover just inches above mine. What is this feeling? Why do I care this much about her? I wondered. Could it be that feeling Jae-ha told me Hak feels towards Yona?

Love?

I blushed at the thought. It all made sense now. I loved her, deeply, in fact. She had managed to make her way into my heart so easily.

I quickly and quietly sat up, dodging her face easily. My back facing her, I turned my head to look at (Y/N). She didn't even stir, thank God.

I stood up and stretched, finding Ao sitting in the tree (Y/N) and I had fallen asleep in front of. I smiled and pet the small squirrel. She purred happily and jumped on my shoulder. I pet her lightly, then looked back down at (Y/N).

Her breathing was steady, at first, but soon became staggered. I immediately became worried. I reached down and gently touched her cheek to find she was cold as ice.

I quickly took off my headdress (Thank you @ and placed it on her, wrapping it around her. I sighed contenly when her breathing steadied, then I started making my way to a near cliff to watch the sunrise.

------------------------
Your POV
------------------------

It was pitch black. I couldn't see anything around me. Fear came to me like a wave in the darkness.