Chapter 15 The Sunrise

Heyo!

How are my lovely squirrels today?

Or night...

Timezones ╥﹏╥

Anyway, ON TO THE STORY!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin-ah's POV
-----------------------

"Shin-ah~"

A quiet voice cooed. I grimaced, then slowly opened my eyes. I was met with a pair of (e/c) orbs and a gentle smile that belonged to (y/n).

"Morning!" She said happily, a close eyed smile decorating her features. I smiled slightly up at her.

"Morning." I said groggily. I realized then that I was lying in her lap. I didn't mind all that much, but I specifically remember holding her when I fell asleep.

"Sorry." I mumbled. (Y/n) tilted her head cutely, confusion written all over her face.

"About what?" She asked curiously.

"Falling asleep." I said simply. She giggled a bit, then sighed.

"Honestly," she mumbled, shaking her head. "You don't have to be sorry, Shin-ah. Its nice to know relaxed around me enough that you can fall asleep. It makes me think you trust me." Her gentle smile let me know she was telling me the truth. I sighed and smiled back up at her.

"Well..." I started. "I do trust you." She smiled brightly down at me. That's when I noticed the dark circles under her eyes. I grimaced and reached up to cup her cheek. Her widened at my touch, a blush creeping up her cheeks.

"Did you...sleep at all?" I asked worriedly. She averted her eyes with a small frown.

"N-not really..." She mumbled in a low voice. I frowned as I dropped my hand. "B-but!" She started. "You always stay up after I fall asleep, so I'm not worried about it! Really..." She stopped as her blush grew and turned to a brighter shade of red. "I was happy to stay up and w-watch you sleep..." My eyes widened with her straightforward comment.

"Watch me....sleep?" I asked curiously. She turned her head away and hid her face with her hands.

"Y-yeah..." She whispered. I smiled and intertwined my hand with hers. She looked down at me with wide eyes.

"Thanks." I said quietly. She smiled softly down at me and nodded. She then started running her fingers through my hair as she asked me a question.

"Would you like to watch the sunrise with me?" I smiled up at her and gave her small nod. I then sat up and pulled her into my lap, earning a giggle from her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin atop her head.

As we waited for the sun to rise, she picked up my mask and put it on her face. She then grabbed my head dress and put it on as well, turning around after to look at me.

"Look!" She said excitedly. "I'm you!" She then blankly stared at me for a moment before giggling. I smiled at her impression of me and how she couldn't help but laugh at herself when she would make a straight face. She was so cute sometimes. Well, she was cute all the time, but she was cute in different way sometimes. Like a childish way.