Chapter 13 The Eyes

HELLO MINNA~!!

How are you all today?

I'm wonderful because this story has 9.91K views and 593 votes!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!! I LOVE YA'LL!!!

NOW ON TO THE STORY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke from my deep slumber by a loud banging on the wall outside my window. I sprang to my feet to look outside only to see Hak looking up at me with his normal bored eyes, his left hand closed into a fist and resting on the wall. I sighed and brought my right hand to my forehead, resting my arm on the window sill.

"You scared the heck outta me, Hak." I sighed bitterly, my breath shaking. I had been holding my dagger at my side in left hand, ready to attack whoever was outside my window. The corners of Hak's lips tugged into a teasing smirk.

"What?" He teased. "I needed you to wake up. How else was I supposed to wake you?" I glared down at him angrily, my grip tightening around the hilt of my dagger.

"I can kill you, ya know." I said bitterly. Hak's smile quickly faded as he stared up at me with his bored eyes.

"Right." He mumbled. "Well, we're about to head out. So, wake up the Princess and you two get ready to go." I nodded, then quietly shut the window and placed my dagger on my futon.

I walked over to Yona and crouched down next to her. I stared at her adorable sleeping face for a moment, a smile on my lips. I was relieved she didn't wake up to Hak hitting the wall. It's quite the rude awakening.

I gently shook her shoulder while saying quietly "Yona~". She didn't move an inch at first, so I said her name a bit louder, "Yona~". She squirmed a bit at first, then her eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked up at me tiredly. "Morning hun!" I said with a close eyed smile. "Hak and the others are already up and at 'em and are ready to go. We're the only ones that need to get ready." Yona let out a long yawn then nodded and sat up.

I stood up and walked over to where I had put my clothes the night before. I quickly changed into them and folded my nightgown neatly. I walked out to the hall of the inn so Yona could change, only to literally bump into Shin-ah. My heart immediately started racing. He looked down at me, his mouth slightly agape. I stared up at his masked face for a moment then quickly looked down in embarrassment, my cheeks dusted red.

"M-morning, Shin-ah!" I stuttered nervously. "Sorry about bumping into you. Do you need something?" I continued to avert my gaze to the floor, praying he wouldn't ask why. He was silent for a bit, causing me to look at him through the corner of my eye. What I saw surprised me completely, making me look up at him. His cheeks were dusted a very pale pink and his masked face was looking down the hall away from me. I quickly got over my shyness and spoke up again, a bright, close eyed smile on my face. "Shin-ah?" I questioned, getting his attention. He snapped his head forward to look at me. "Is something wrong?" He quickly shook his head no and took a small step back to put some space between us.

"I...just came....to check on you.....and Yona." He said in his usual quiet voice. I continued to smile up at him gently as I let out a short sigh.

"Thank you, Shin-ah." I said quietly. "Yona is currently getting ready, but I'm ready to go whenever everyone else is!" Shin-ah nodded and quickly left, I assumed to tell the others. I walked down the hall in the opposite direction to follow the heavenly scent of food I'd just noticed . It had probably been there the entire time, but I didn't notice because of my nervousness. Why? I don't know for sure. But I was extremely nervous and flustered.