Chapter Seven - Jinxed

I'm studying for exams. It's frustrating but I'm not gonna stop until I understand exactly how to brew a hair-raising potion. And I have no god damn idea how many rat tails need to be put in.
Screw this I'm going to the library.

On my way out of the dorm room I ran into Marcus and Blaise Zabini.

I smiled. "Marcus."

"Weasley, I was just looking for you. Did you get the message from Draco? If not that ferret is going to be hexed." He sneered.

"Of course, as well as bragging that he, the slimy bint, is now the new Slytherin seeker?" I half asked.

Marcus rolled his eyes and Blaise shifted uncomfortably. "Of course he did. Anyway, Quidditch training starts tomorrow so be ready by lunch. I'll have Blaise here, bring you your Quidditch uniform before then." And then he left. Blaise trailing behind like his duckling.
It's a shame, Blaise is actually pretty good looking.

------------

When I arrived at the library it was empty, all except one girl. Hermione. So I decided to sit with her.

When I put my stuff down beside hers, I saw her tense up from the corner of my eye.

"Hello." I said politely.

She looked up at me, confused. Not responding, so I decided to keep talking.

"I don't know if you remember me, I met you on the train start of last year with my..... brother."

She nodded. "I remember." She said quietly.

I decided to continue. "I hope you don't mind, but we have potions together, and I know you do really well. So I was hoping you would help me." I asked sincerely.

"Uh, no offence, but wouldn't you rather asked one of your Slytherin friends?" She asked, looking almost irritated.

I was taken aback. "Um, no not necessarily. They don't really care for potions, and the ones that do, don't talk to me." She didn't seem convinced.

I continued. "Look, I understand if you don't want to help. But I want to forget about the whole 'me being in Slytherin' thing. I want you to understand that I'm not like other Slytherins, I don't care about riches, power or even bloodlines. And I know you're close with my brother and his friend Harry so I guess what I'm trying to say is, I hope you can forget about it too. Even if it's just for today." I finished.

She thought about it for at least 20 seconds, and each second gave me doubt. I don't want to fret about people I met from other houses not wanting to talk to me because of the house I'm in. It's been a year since I talked to someone other than a Slytherin.

Finally, she looked at me. "Okay." She replied.

I smiled. "Thank you."

"What do you need help with?" She asked getting straight into it.

"The hair-raising potion, how many rat tails do we need?" I ask.

She smiles. "Well, that's obvious."

------------2 hours later------------

Hermione and I had been in the library for a while. Talking about nothing in particular. We had finished our potions homework over an hour ago. Turns out, Hermione and I had a lot in common.

"Do you believe it all?" Hermione asked me out of the blue.

"Believe what?" I asked. I have no idea what she's talking about.

"The whole Chamber of Secrets thing. Do you believe it? Do you believe it's open?"

The rumours about the Chamber of Secrets have been spreading like wild fire. Of course I know all about it because it was once Salazar Slytherin's Chamber and his heir. So the teachers have been prying through our dorm rooms trying to find out if the heir has truly returned.

"I-I guess, I mean it could just be some student running around playing a joke and scaring the teachers. But, yeah it could be possible." I answered.

"But do you believe it?"

I thought about it. Do I believe it? "I don't want to, but yeah, I guess I do."

------------The next day------------

I was getting ready for Quidditch training while Daphne told me how she worried about me. But not for Quidditch. The past few weeks, Daphne, Tracey, Millecent and Pansy have been telling me how I have been mumbling in my sleep, and crying.

"I'm serious Ella, it's getting worse. Sometimes it's not just mumbling, sometimes you yell. I think you should talk to someone about it."

I sigh. "Daph, I appreciate the concern, but I'm fine." I reassure her.

She shakes her head. "No, your not. I can't sleep because if it, it scares me." She looks me dead in the eye. "Please talk to McGonagall about it, or Snape. Hell! Talk to madam Hooch for all I care. Just please talk to a Professor."

I look at Cato who has been whimpering the whole conversation. "What do you think?" Should I talk to someone? I ask him in his head.

Cato nods. "Ok, that still freaks me out." Daphne states.

I giggle. "Fine. I'll talk to someone. But! Only if it gets worse." Daphne crosses her arms angry, but she nods anyway.

------------15 minutes later------------

I was walking with the rest of the Quidditch team to the field to practice. Apparently Marcus managed to take over Gryffindor's practice time so he could train Draco and I. Oliver Wood is not going to be happy about that.

I was walking next to Draco (unfortunately) to thank him for the new broom. I didn't want to, he gave them to the whole team, but I felt it was necessary. Problem was I didn't know how to thank him.

"Listen Malfoy, I know we don't get along but I just wanted to—to...." I stopped, starting again. "The brooms I was a nice thing and I—" this is not working.

"Are trying to thank me Weaslebee?" He asked smirking.

No. "Yes."

"Well, I know we don't get along, but, you're welcome." I smiled.

I was about to start talking again, but we were stopped short. I looked ahead of the crowd and saw the Gryffindor quidditch team.
I couldn't hear much but after moving a bit closer but not to the front I could hear angry Wood and Marcus arguing.

"You have a new seeker, who?" Oliver asked.

Just then Malfoy stepped foreword.
"Malfoy?" I heard Harry ask.

"That's right, and that's not all that's new this year." He said.

"And what's that?" Oliver asked.

As soon as he asked that, someone pushed me foreword and in front of the whole team.

"Ella? Since when do you play quidditch?" Harry asked.

"What are you doing playing for Slytherin." Ron asked.

"And why didn't you tell me?" Hermione jumped in. Everyone looked at her. Then back at me.

"For you information, Harry, I have played since as long I remember. Ron, in case you have forgotten, I'm part of the Slytherin house." I snap.

"Trust me, I haven't." I heard him mumble.

"And Hermione I didn't want to tell you because we were getting along so well yesterday, and I didn't want to ruin that."

"Since when do you talk to Hermione?" Ron asked angry.

"Since she's the only Gryffindor that will talk me, after my own brother pretends I don't exist!" I bite.

"Ella-" Ron begins.

"No! You don't get to do that! Just leave me alone!" I yell walking away. The rest of the Slytherin team following me, including Malfoy. But not before Ron tries to give Draco the slug-vomiting charm. Which backfires.

I want to help Ron, but he doesn't deserve my help. So keep walking, possibly making our separation worse. But I don't care, I keep walking until I get to the field.

I really got to fix this mess.