Chapter Thirty-Nine - Rational

[Ron's POV]

Running from fire was the last thing on my 'to do list'. But, Goyle's an asshole and decided, hey! Let's make Ron's horrible day worse by setting his bum aflame. So here I am, running with Hermione's hand in mine, as I drag her away from some fire animal.
But then there comes a stage where we are absolutely cornered with no escape. But then, Harry's head comes in handy and he uses and water spell to protect us from dying. I spot old brooms to my left and grab one, and chuck it at Harry. I give another to 'Mione and grab one for myself. And we fly off.

We fly past Malfoy and Blaise standing on top of a pile of old knick-knacks and furniture. I notice Goyle is no longer beside them and I immediately know he didn't make it. "We can't leave them!" Harry yells over the roar of the fire. And turned his broom around and flew towards the two boys.

I look at Hermione. "He's joking right?" But obviously, he isn't.

We follow Harry back to Malfoy and Blaise and finally catch up to him. "If we die for them Harry, I'm gonna kill you!"
Harry grabs Malfoy's arm just in time before he slips from the junk tower that was beginning to catch fire, and pulled him onto his broom. I did the same with Blaise and flew behind Hermione while she made a path for our exit.

It was a challenge, but we finally made it out the door. A ball of fire almost hit Harry and Malfoy as they were at the exit, knocking them both off the broom and causing them to hit the ground. Once I was on my feet, Blaise bolted to avoid being hexed. Before I could stop him. But I knew Malfoy would do the same. So I pointed my wand at him before her got to his feet. Once he noticed me, he slowed his actions.

"Don't move, Malfoy." Once he was standing upright, I pointed the wand at his throat. Behind me, Harry destroyed the Horcrux we had been searching for and Hermione kicked it back into the now burning room of requirement. I felt a strong gust of burning, hot air hit us like a punch in the face. And all the while, I did not take my eyes off of Malfoy. "Harry, Now what?" I ask.

"The Snake, it's the last one." He answers. "The last Horcrux."

Hermione kneels down next to him. "Look inside him Harry, find out where he is. If we find him, we can find the snake."

"And we can end this." I say to Harry. But judging by the way Malfoy looked at me, I can tell he knows I was speaking to him too.

Then, the sound of wolves howling is heard faintly from outside the castle. "She's here." Malfoy says with a hidden expression on his face. And straight away, I know whom he means.

Ella.

"Exactly. That's where you come in handy. She could get in the way, and we can't fight her." I tell him and he nods in understanding.

Harry takes a deep breath in. And I finally take my eyes off of Malfoy. Harry looks between Hermione and I. "I know where he is."
I turn back to Malfoy grab his arm and drag him to the exit of the castle.

-------------

We fought our way through the chaos and destruction. Shooting spells and jinxes so we could make it to the docks safely. I didn't see it, but faster than I would have been able to react, Malfoy pulled out his wand and used a defence spell from hitting me in the side.

I looked at him in shock and kept his wand out. "My plan is to get Ella back to herself. And if I succeed, can't have her twin brother dead. Now can I?" He spoke.

I nodded and let go of his arm. I took his wand, not trusting him completely. We moved forward till we came to the entrance of the school. And standing infront of Tracey and Daphne was Ella.

[Draco's POV]

I stopped walking, and so did Ron and the others. Ella stood 100 metres away with all of her attention of her old best friends. Her expression was unreadable at first, until like a switch, she snapped. Her face was pure fury. I watched in horror as her head rolled around her neck she released her long wolf-like canines and . I knew what she was going to next, so I ran forward and screamed her name. "ELLA!"

She looked up and stopped herself from charging at the girls. When she noticed it was me, her teeth returned to normal but her face was still cruel. "Oh Draco, I should have known you'd show up sometime." She look behind me and her face was angrier. "And you brought 'the golden trio'." I smirked at her sarcasm. That's a good name for them. They do act like the sun shines out of their arses.

I looked at her hands to see her claws were still out, and my smirk faded. I looked at Fenrir, who stood by her side loyally. "Ella, listen to me. Do really think killing your friends will do anything?"

She smiled a false smile and shook her head. "Do really think they're still my friends?" She ignored my question and asked me one herself.

I shook my head. "Guess that git would be your new friend then, huh?" I gestured to Fenrir. Who was now starting to look pissed off.

"I don't have any friends".

"Yes you do! Friends and family. They're all fighting right now! Protecting the one thing you're trying to destroy!" I yelled.

"How do think the Dark Lord is going to take this? You're suppose to be destroying it with us!"

"We're running out of time." Harry said from behind me.

Ella stepped aside. "By all means, go. I have better things to do."

I looked at Harry and Hermione. "You guys go. Ron and I will stay." Hermione was hesitant, but Harry pulled her along and they ran past Ella.

When they were gone, Ella looked at me. "What's you're plan now, big boy?" She tilted her head.

I looked down. I don't know how I was suppose to bring her back? How did she snap so easily? What made her this way? I should know. I was with her when it happened.

Her expression is angry. "This is my power. NOT the dark lords. I control it, not him. So I should have a say in what I do with it!" She yells. I look up and in her eyes with sympathy. "---But you don't." That's when a tear finally escapes. Her body racks with sobs. I try to hug her, but she pushes me away. "NO. This is all your fault." She walks forward and slams her fists on my chest and I tries to grab her arms. "I trusted you. You Arsehole!" I push her arms down and grab her face. Attempting to calm her down. Tears streak down her face endlessly. Goosebumps trailing down my skin. She's angry with me. And knowing that, breaks my heart. I know she's hating me right now, so what she says next, shocks me. "I loved you, Draco. And you stabbed me in the chest." Her final tear hits the concrete floor. And her eyes turn .

Heartbreak. It had to be heartbreak. So what would bring her back? "Oh. Yeah just stand there and don't breathe. That will solve everything." Ron says from behind me.

"I don't mind." Ella chuckled. "I can almost hear the cogs moving in your massive head, Malfoy." She says with her arms crossed. "What's that brain cooking?"

Her smile. It almost seems real. When I say real, I mean pre-evil Ella smile. "Please stop this Ella."

"Stop what?"

"Acting like this who your meant to be forever. Like there's no way you will ever care anymore!" I yell.

Her smile disappeared. "I don't care! There is noway to bring that girl back!" She started growling.

"There has to be. I need that girl back."

"You have no one to blame but yourself. You broke that girl, Draco!" Her eyes were starting to water. "Now you have this version of me. And you still don't want her!"

"Of course I wanted her. But you're NOT her." I stood my ground. She was cracking.

"Why now? Why do you care now?" She pointed at Ron. "He doesn't anymore. He gets it. He's accepted that his sister is gone. Why can't you?"

"I haven't excepted it El." He says slowly as he stands beside me. "I never will."

"I always cared Ella. You should have known that." I stepped forward.

"No you didn't. You manipulated me, you told him my secrets! You were the one to hand me to him." I knew she was referring to the Dark Lord.

Fenrir shifted his feet. "Miss Randella, do you want me to eliminate them?"

"No! This is my fight Fenrir! Back off!" She growled. The air was hot and chaotic. Our hair was being flown around. She was almost completely shattered. So I kept pushing.

"I didn't want to give you to him El." I said softly. "He threatened my life, he threatened my family's and he threatened yours. I couldn't let that happen! It was either this version of you, or none at all." She was crying now. Her head down and shaking in disbelief. "I loved you Ella." She lifted her head to look at me. "I still do. No matter how you act or how you are, I always will. But this Ella doesn't love me back. And it kills me. That is why I care. That is why I want her back."

"I didn't mean to break you." I said softly. My eyes starting to well up my own tears.

She took in a shaky breath, and fell to her knees. She hugged her own torso. And all I wanted to do was grab her. But a very tall Fenrir, glaring at me made me re-think my actions. She looked up, and I watched as her dark red hair returned to its normal strawberry blonde. And her black eyes returned to the chocolate brown I was so use to. And then she passed out.

Screw Fenrir, he can do what he wants. I caught Ella before she hit her head. Ron raised his wand at Fenrir. She opened her eyes again and I noticed her pale skin vanished and her colouring was back. "Draco?" She questioned faintly.

"I'm here." I answered. Putting my hand on her cheek.

"Is she okay?" Ron asked.

I smiled and nodded. Shifting my body to face Ron. He was looking at us. "Yeah she's just- LOOK OUT!" I yelled.

But he didn't see Fenrir pull out his wand and attempt to use the killing curse on him. His reflexes weren't quick enough. But Ella's were. "Stupify! She yelled. And Fenrir's wand knocked out of his hand. She stood up slowly.

[Ella's POV]

I held my ground and keep my wand on Fenrir. I felt so tired and my body ached. But knowing Draco was by my side, I felt stronger. I needed to be. I remember everything, but only faintly. Like an old memory. As I stared at Fenrir, I realised I couldn't get into his mind. I was too weak. But I couldn't let him go either. He can't let anyone know I'm normal again.

Not yet.