Chapter Forty - Dismantled

[Ella's POV]

Standing upright was harder in this situation than you think. And Fenrir was pissed. I tried to keep my vision on him, but he was becoming blurry. Fenrir was the only one to notice this. And through my blurry vision, I saw him smirk. Before I could stop myself, I dropped my wand. And he charged at Ron, knowing he was the only one of s left with a wand.

"NO!" I yell. My legs give under me for the second time tonight and Draco catches me. But I push him off me and force myself to get to Ron before Fenrir kills him. I jump on his back and he lets go of Ron and throws me off. I hit the ground with a large thump and Fenrir faces me with a growl. I try to shift but all I can get out is a growl in return. Everything is slow.

I look behind Fenrir and see Ron on the ground heaving and Draco looking for our wands. When he finally spots Ron's everything speeds up again. Fenrir charges at me and my heart rate picks up. Draco can't get to me fast enough and all I could think was: This is how I die. Fenrir lifts his clawed hand and aims for my throat. I see my wand and try to reach it. Just as Greyback's claws are about to reach me, someone jumps in the way and takes the impact.

Blood hits my face and I see the person fall infront of me. I finally reach my wand and I grip it tightly. I point it at Fenrir and yell. "Avada Kedavra!" A green light leaves my wand and hit's Fenrir's chest. I watch painfully as the life leaves his eyes and his body hits the ground. I breathe in slowly and let a tear slide.

I killed someone.

I wiped the blood from my face and looked at my fingers. Remembering someone had jumped in the way and saved me. I look down at the person in front of me. And upon seeing their face I feel my heart clench and my throat tighten.

...Sirius.

He holds his throat and struggles for breath. I crawl forward and grab his hand on the ground and put my other hand on the one he is covering his throat with. I let out a strangled sound trying to talk as Sirius' blood covers my hand. "S-Sirius...Why. Why would you...?" Tears poor from my eyes.

He smiles crookedly and opens his mouth. "B-bett...better m-me th-" He chokes slightly. "Than... y-youu." I squeeze his hand nod. To let him know he's wrong, but I'm grateful.

Guilt fills me and all I want to do is crawl into the foetal position and weep. I look up at Draco and Ron. "Help him..." I cry. "It's my fault. It should have been me." I shake my head. "Don't just sit there. Do something!" I scream.

Ron shakes his head. "El, there's nothing-"

I cut him off. "It's my fault. He was coming for me, not Sirius." I look at down at Sirius and watch him take his last breathes. "No, no no no. Stay with me." I hiccup.
"Merlin, Why would you jump? I could have killed you today. I almost did. I don't deserve it." He too his hand from mine and stroked my face as if to tell me to stop.

"Sirius?" I look up and see Harry and Hermione moving toward us slowly. Harry drops to his knees. His face is heartbroken.

Sirius grabs his shoulder and nods slightly. "P-Proud.." He chokes. Harry bows his head and tears fall. Sirius looks up and smiles. "Proud... of... all." His smile fades and his eyes glaze over. His breathing slows... then finally stops.

Everything is silent for at least 2 minutes. Harry looks up at me with dry tears. His jaw tightened and strong. And I remember the first time I met him. The small boy with clothes too big and glasses long over-used.

I look at the boy with brown hair and smile. "I'm Ella by the way, and this my brother Ron." I said. Ron reached his hand towards the boy with glasses. "Ron Weasley" The boy happily shook Ron's hand. "Harry Potter." He said.

This grown strong Harry who has been my best friend for the past seven years replaces the young Harry in my head. He looks broken and tired and all I feel is guilt. "They're waiting for you." He speaks with no waver.

"Who?" I ask.

"The Death-Eaters."

Ron walks forward. "What? She's not bloody well going back to them."

Draco nods. "I agree. She's back. Why would we put her in danger again?"

"We need her. She has to pretend she's still bad. It's the only way to destroy the last Horcrux and kill him." Harry replies quickly.

"No! She's not-"

"Ron he's right." I cut him off. "It's the only way. He won't touch me. He needs me."

"But what if he finds out? What if he knows your back to normal?" Draco asks cautiously.

I shake my head. "He won't. That Randella is still there. She may not be in control, but she's still apart of me. She will always be apart of me."

"How can you be so sure?"

I smile a broken smile. "Watch my eyes." I think of power and pain. Something in me erupts and my hands twitch. Ron steps back and looks at me, so I know my eyes are hers. Black. I stop thinking of power and think of Draco. My hands stop twitching and feel my heart rate slow down.
"She's still here."

Ron nods and I get up and hug him. "I'll be back soon."

"RON!" I see Ginny running at us and she stops and looks at me. "Ella?" She asks quietly.

I nod and smile through my blurry tear filled eyes. "It's me." She runs forward and hugs me, crying. I squeeze her tighter. I need this. I have missed this so much.

She pulls back and looks at both Ron and me. "You have to come with me." Her eyes tear up more.

--------------------------
We follow Ginny back into the castle. When we walk in there're students helping injured students and injured teachers helping more injured students. It's a mess of loss and pain, but also bravery. Familiar faces greeting us as we walk in. I keep walking until I see my family all together, hugging and crying. I grab Ron's hand and walk forward. Dad sees us and hugs us individually, holding me longer to make up for my 'absence'. I feel like this reunion would be a lot more comforting and happier if it weren't for the body lying at my feet.
I look down and see my brother, Fred unmoving and pale.

I've had this feeling way too often. I know what's wrong and I don't want to move. I look up with dry and wet tears combining and look into the face of my heartbroken twin brother. I kneel down next to mum and Fred and Ron follows. And... I cry, for god knows how many times tonight. I cry for all the losses we've had tonight. For every family that lost one of their own. And mostly, for Fred. One of my many brothers that were there for me when a lot of people weren't.
I then look at George, whose shoulders are slumped and shaking from crying. Looking down at Ron and me. Never, in my life have I ever seen someone look so incredibly shattered and defeated. I rush over and hug him tight.

I'd like to say I did this to comfort him, to mend his broken heart, but I mostly did it so I didn't have to look at my dead brother any longer. I didn't want to see the destroyed expression on the faces of my family. There was so much pain. I buried my head in George's neck and cried. Fred was my big brother. Mine. And he was taken from me. And that pissed both me, and void Randella off.

I pulled away, grabbed his shoulders and looked at George, and George only. "He's going to pay for this. I'm going to do what ever it takes to make sure that wanker is dead and buried before he touches one of again."

I turn away and look at Draco who I forgot was still here. He looks uncomfortable and out of place, but doesn't take his eyes off of me. He walks over and grabs my arms before I can say anything. "No."

I raise my eyebrows. "What do you mean no?"

"I mean no, you're not going out there. Not to him. I just got you back, do think I'm just going to let you go again?" He replies.

I laugh sarcastically. "Draco, look behind me. That is my depressed family, mourning over my brother. My dead brother. You better think again if you think your going to stop me from killing the knob head. Or least hurt him."

"But-"

"Draco." Hermione walked up behind us. "Trust her. There is a chance she could kill the snake. We can end it. He doesn't even know she's her again." She spoke carefully.

Draco looked at me and I nodded. "I'll be okay. Plus your mum will be there. I'll stick with her." I kissed him softly, to let him know that I will be fine. I pulled away and smiled. "I'll see you when this is over." Before he could say anything else to stop me, I walked away.