Chapter Sixteen - Conceited

"You. You're the heir of Slytherin. You're Voldemort?"

Riddle smiles. "Surely you didn't think I'd keep my filthy muggle father's name?" He shakes his head. "No, I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world."

I shook my head. But I was too afraid to speak. So Harry spoke instead. "Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

Tom flinched. "Dumbledore's been driven out of the castle by the mere memory of me."

Harry stood up. "Dumbledore will never be gone! Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!" Just as Harry said that, an orange phoenix flew into the chamber and dropped a hat in front of him. The Sorting Hat! Riddle picks it up.

"This is what Dumbledore sends his defenders? A songbird and an old hat!" He teases and throws the hat aside.

Tom turns and faces the other side of the chamber. Raising his hand to some sort of large statue that covers almost all of the back wall. I think it's the statue to Salazar Slytherin. And starts to speak Parseltongue.
Salazar's mouth opens, making a rumbling sound. Following after, I hear slithering.

"Say goodbye, Harry Potter." I see a large snake head emerge from Salazar's mouth. Tom speaks parseltongue again. "Parseltongue won't save you now Potter, the Basilisk only obeys me." Harry gets up and begins running. I'm too petrified to move, so I stay by Ginny and squeeze my eyes shut.

I hear the Basilisk moving past me. I almost wet myself just hearing how large is it. I let a tear slide. I know the Basilisk has past but I don't dare to open my eyes. I squeeze onto Ginny's hand terrified for Harry. Then the phoenix is back. I know this because I hear it's loud cry echo through the chamber. The next sound is of the Basilisk. It sounds like it's screeching.

"No! Your bird may have blinded the Basilisk, but it can still hear you!" Tom yells. Blinded? That means it can't kill him through sight!

I open my eyes and stand looking at Harry who is just infront of the Basilisk. "RUN HARRY!" I scream. Harry looks at the large snake and then me. Picking himself up and running in a different direction. Tom pulls me to him and holds the wand to my neck.

"I suggest you keep your mouth shut. Unless you want me to send the basilisk after you as well." He sneers into my ear. I reply with a whimper.

He let's me go and I fall to my knees. "Pathetic. If you are to join me, you'll need to be stronger than that."

I'm about to tell him for second time that I would rather die than join him but I stop myself short realising that if I die, Ginny dies. "If you kill my sister, you won't have me joining you."

He looked amused. "How cute. My dear Ella, you will not have a choice in the matter. Without Ginny's loss of life, I cannot rise to what I am meant to be."

"Find someone else!" I yell. Tear falling down my cheek. But Riddle just smiles in response.

Then, Harry runs out of a tunnel and runs toward Tom and I and into my open arms. We hug for a bit but I open my eyes to an almost solid Tom, whom grins cruelly. I let go of Harry and scramble to Ginny and grab her hand. She's frightingly pale and as cold as a freezer.

"Yes Ella, The process is nearly complete. In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley will be dead. And I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return. Very much... alive." More tears start to fall.

Suddenly, the Basilisk shoots out of the water and screeches. I look to the corner of my eye and see sword appear from the hat next to Harry. I reach over and grab it. "Harry!" I call, throwing him the sword. He catches it and starts running again.

While Tom is watching the whole scene play out, I spot my wand in his robe pocket. I reach for it quickly and hold towards Tom. But when I pulled out my wand, he noticed and held Harry's wand toward me, ending with us holding wands against each other.

"I must say, that was smart Ella. But not smart enough... Petrificus Totalus!" I dodged it with a reverse spell. I smile in victory. But I'm not quick enough the second time "Stupify!" I'm thrown backwards hitting the floor hard. I get up quickly. "Expelliarmus!" I try to disarm him. Key word: try but he dodges it quickly.

"Imperio!" I jump out of they way. Just in time before the curse reaches me. I get up and go to throw another curse a him, but I hear the Basilisk shriek. Tom and I both look up and see Harry on top of the statue with the sword in hand going through the snake's head. He pulls his arm back and grabs it in pain. I watch a the Basilisk falls in death and land right by Riddle and my feet.

Harry climbs down and waddles over us. We both drop to Ginny and check her pulse. I look up and see Harry's injury. "Harry your arm." He shakes his head.

"I'm fine." And pulls the fang from his arm, dropping it in front of me.

Tom's eyes sparkle at the sight of Harry's wound. "Remarkable, isn't it? How quickly the venom of the Basilisk penetrates the body? If you have any final words, Potter, you'd best speak them now. I'd guess you have little more than a minute to live." Harry and my own eyes meet. Showing all kinds of emotions. I look away, tears streaking down my face.

"So ends the famous Harry Potter. On his knees in the Chamber of Secrets. Defeated at last by the Dark Lord he so unwisely challenged. You'll be back with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Harry..." I stop listening, glancing at Ginny with Tom's diary lying between her arms. I take the diary from her cold hands and study it.

Tom starts to pay attention to me. "Funny, isn't it? The damage a silly little book can do? Especially in the hands of a silly little girl."

I look at him and smile. "Funny isn't it? That a boy whom is so conceited and self-assertive calls himself a lord, yet needs to rely on a 'silly little girl' to gain the power he desperately cleaves." I snap. Smirking in victory of what emotion is brought onto his face. Surprise.

I grab the fang Harry pulled from his arm and open the diary. "What are you doing?" Tom asks quickly. I raise the fang and smile evilly. "No!" I bring the fang down and stab it into the diary, cause a black liquid to emerge from the pages.

A bright light comes from Tom. And he scream in agony, to as if someone has pierced his heart with a sword. I flip the book till it sits in the middle and stab it another time. Tom reaches toward me but shrieks again. More blinding light comes fro his chest. I close the diary so I am looking at the front cover and repeat the action for one last time. Riddle let's out a final blood curdling scream and then bursts and explodes like a firework.

I hear a gasp behind me. I turn to see a confused Ginny sitting up and looking around. "Harry?" She looks at me "Ella?" She looks happy for a moment, but then looks down. "It was me! But I swear, I didn't mean to... Riddle made me. He wrote to me... took me over... I didn't even know whose diary it was. I found it inside my cauldron. The day we all went to Diagon Alley and... Harry. You're hurt." She looks at his arm.

"Ella, get Ginny out." I shake my head and start crying.

"Not without you. We can get help, I can go and get---" He cut me off.

"No, you know the way out. You can't help me. Follow the chamber and meet Ron." I was going to argue again, but the phoenix's cry beats me to it.

The bird lands infront of Harry. "You were great Fawks, I just wasn't quick enough." Harry looks down. Thick pearly tears slide down Fawks' face and onto his arm. Almost instantly, Harry's arm begins to heal.

"Of course, Dumbledore told me. Phoenix tears have healing powers." He looks up at me.

"It's okay Ella. It's over, it's just a memory..."

------------------1 Month later------------------

I'm talking to Daphne again. If anything, we're closer than before. Actually, I'm talking to all my friends again. Except Pansy, who is convinced I'm out to win Draco's heart. But I don't care, if she ignores her friends because of a hunch, then good riddance.
It took a lot of convincing, but Draco forgave me. Convincing involved allowing him to pull pranks on me for a week. It was a terrible week, but it was worth it. He can actually be a good friend sometimes.... sometimes. Otherwise we just argue, a lot.

Dad is talking to me again as well. He said to me, and I quote, "If a Slytherin took down the house founder's heir, then I guess I can live under the same roof as them." So that was fun, I guess. I also found out Fred and George's little secret, The Marauders Map. A map that tells you where every wizard and every witch is in Hogwarts. It's amazing, but they could get in serious trouble if caught with it.

Ron almost caught me shifting into a wolf. Yes, that means I still haven't told him or anyone for that matter. Daphne is still the only one to know. I don't plan on telling anyone else. Not unless I have to. My pack is still hidden in the forest. Every now and then I check up on them. They keep warning me that something is coming, yet they don't know what exactly, just that it's not good. And I know they are preparing for it.

A lot of Slytherins hate my guts because I destroyed the only person that could truly be rid of the 'mudbloods'. But Draco's friendship comes in handy a lot of the time.
So all is pretty much well in Hogwarts for Randella Lunette Weasley.

Until next year.