Chapter Seventeen - Borderline

"The Lion And The Wolf"

The lion's outside of your door
The wolf's in your bed
The lion's claws are sharpened for war
The wolf's teeth are red

And what a monstrous sight he makes,
Mocking man's best friend
When both the wolf and lion crave
The same thing in the end

The lion's outside of your door
The wolf's in your bed

The wolf, he howls
The lion does roar
The wolf lets him in
The lion runs in through the door
The real fun begins
As they both rush upon you and
Rip open your flesh
The lion eats his fill and then
The wolf cleans up the mess

The lion's outside of your door
The wolf's in your bed

I believe you have a responsibility to comport yourself in a manner that gives an example to others. As a young girl, I prayed to Merlin for success. Now I pray to be worthy of it.
I learnt a lot last year, and I plan to do the same this year. But this time, I'm keeping both my family, and friends.

While staying at Hermione's over the holidays, I learnt my ability is stronger than I thought. I controlled a dog. Not a wolf, but a dog. A Siberian husky to be precise. And what made it even more odd, is that I spoke in Latin. I'm not sure what I said exactly, but it sounded like 'Tace adulescens canini. Quia quid non opus est non necessarium latratus.' I don't know what I said. I just wanted it to stop barking. And it did. The scariest part, Hermione said my eyes were glowing bright green.

When we arrived back at Hogwarts, I instantly felt better. Although I'll miss the comfort of my , I was warmly welcomed by my friends and teachers. But once greeting were exchanged and everyone had left the great hall to go to their dorm rooms, I snuck out into the woods. After all, it was a full moon.
Once I was out there, I turned into a wolf and howled. I felt warmer inside when I heard 20 to 25 other howls in response. My new family then revealed themselves from the dark forest.

What made this moment even better, was remembering that they put their trust in me. It scared me a little, but I accepted it. Most packs don't even have an alpha nor do they fight. But there was a war coming and they knew it. I was looking out across the school grounds. When I looked up, dementors surrounded the school.

Then, I smelt something. The air around us changed. Someone was watching us. I scanned the trees for movement. When I was about to give up on looking, I saw a flash of grey disappear into the forest. So I took off and followed it. It didn't take me long to catch up to it. I only saw it for a few seconds, but I saw enough.
There is a Werewolf at Hogwarts.

--------------------

The next day I was woken up by a very sleep deprived Daphne sitting on my bed. I open one eye slightly, only to be blinded in the process. So blondie started shaking my shoulders.

"Get up lazy! It's time for breakfast!" I opened my eyes then.

"Breakfast?" I question.

"Yes, Ella, breakfast." She replied rolling her eyes.

I shot up and ran to my dresser and picked out for the day. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get ready and eat."

I had a quick shower and dried my hair and put it into a . When I walked out, the girls were dressed and ready. So we all walked out the door and down to the common room where we met the guys. Goyle went on to his usual swooning over Daphne. Crabbe and Blaise were talking to each other and Draco walked towards me.

"Red! It's been awhile." He spoke using my nickname.

"So it has Malfoy. You know, it sounds as though you missed me." I teased.

He smiled. "Never."

---------------

The rest of the day involved sitting by the black lake, studying and messing around. I still felt the presence of my pack watching me. I felt safe, and no one else knew they were there.

I still hadn't told anyone about the werewolf because I didn't know who it was, or who could be trusted with that information. Plus, I'm sure it doesn't matter really. They probably aren't even a threat.

Daphne and Draco were arguing about something. Not badly, but their usual bickering. As usual I tuned out and watched the water, until Draco called out to me.

"Hey Ella! I'm attractive aren't I?" He called out.

I rolled my eyes. "Borderline smoking hot." I said sarcastically.
He looked back at Daphne with a triumphant smile. "Ha!" He yelled sticking his tongue out at her and placing his fists on his hips and pushing out his chest in a heroic way.

"You could use a haircut though." I added.

He looked away from Daphne, dropping his superman pose and gave me a glum look. "Ha!" Daphne mimicked. I giggled in response and Draco laughed.

I love my friends.

------------That night------------

When dinner came around, I walked over to Ron and Hermione. "Hey where's Harry?" I asked.

"Talking to Hagrid." Ron answered. I wasn't with them on the train, but Ron told me about Harry being attacked by a dementor. That would have been terrifying.

Hermione spoke up. "Did you hear? He's teaching Care of Magical Creatures this year."

"I must have missed that. Can't wait." I smiled.

Ron then looked at me and changed the subject. "Where did you go last night? I saw you walk away from the Slytherin students and in a different direction from the Slytherin common room." Crap.

"I needed air. I ate a lot last night and felt sick." He nodded in response. "Anyway I got to go eat, then feed Cato. I'll see you guys later."

"Bye." They said in unison.

When I got back to the Slytherin table, Tracey saved me a spot. "I'm starved." I said and started digging into my food. Tracey continued to look at me.

I look up and see her untouched food. I look at her with a serious expression. "Eat."

She picks up a folk and starts pushing around her food. "Tracey, if you don't eat, I'll force feed you." Millecent says.

She sighs and lifts up a piece of lettuce, scans it, and shoves it her mouth. I smile "Good girl." She smiles in return.

I feel Draco nudge me and smirk at me. "Dr Weasley now are you?"

I push his head back toward his plate. "Eat." I mock.

"Yes your majesty." He says under his breath. So I kick him under the table.

Crabbe taps Draco on the shoulder "look over here, Neville's got himself stuck to the table." I look away from the laughing boys to the Gryffindor table and see Neville tied in ropes attached to the table with other Gryffindor's (including my brother) trying to untie him.

I look at Crabbe angrily. "Did you do that?"

He looks at me smugly. "I might have had something to do with it."

I start fuming. "You're kidding? Have you learnt nothing? Pull something like that again, and I'll make sure you wish you never had a wand."

Draco grabs my arm. "Will you calm down? It was joke." He creases his eyebrows. "It's funny."

I rip my arm away from him and stood up, pointing my wand to him. "Incarcerous." His eyes widen as a rope appears and wraps around his body, tying him down.

I smile. "You're right, it is funny." And with that, I walk away.

"Ella! Come back! This isn't funny!" I hear him call out.

I walk towards Neville and point my wand at him. "Relashio." I speak the incantation and watch the rope around Neville untie. He nods in appreciation and I smile in return.

I turn around and walk out the doors of the great hall. Now you can only guess where I go next. The Dark Forest, as usual. I walk outside and in the fresh air, then take off running into the trees looking around fro somewhere to run.

There is so many emotions running through my body and I start hyperventilating. In the distance, I hear a howl. I whip my head in the direction in came from. Bardulf, my beta and trustworthy friend from the pack. I turn into a wolf, feeling my arms turn into legs and my body stretch. The feeling of fur growing and feet turning into paws.

I listen for another howl from Bardulf and smell his scent getting stronger. I'm about to take off and run in that direction, until I hear a stick snap behind me. I turn around to see a very confused and upset Ronald.

"Ella?"