Chapter Twenty-Three - Agrivated

My stomach still hurts from laughing at Fred and George too much. The fact that they thought their stupid ageing potion would work is idiotic enough, but the looks on their faces when they realised they were no longer teenagers and their baby faces were replaced with wrinkles and white beards was the icing on the cake.

"When are the names called for the tournament?"

Petar looks up from the book he was reading and raised one eyebrow. "Tomorrow I think."

I nodded and tried to look at the book he was reading. "Whatcha' got there?"

"The Canterbury Tales."

"Cool. Now you wanna do something better?" He looked at me, rolled his eyes and smiled.

"What do you have in mind?" He closed his book.

"We.... Could...." Dang. What could we do? I widen my eyes and smile. "We could go see my friends."

"Uhh, I'm not good with new people." He responded looking nervous.

"You were fine when you met me." I said folding my arms.

He put his book down. "That was different."

"How?"

He didn't respond.

"Come on! It'll be fine. I promise."

He looked around and finally dropped his shoulders in defeat. "Sure."

"Good boy." I patted his head and dragged him to the great hall.

"I'm not a dog." I heard him mumble.

----------------------------
"Ella over here!" I heard Tracey yell from the front of the Slytherin table.
I grabbed Petar by the hand and pulled with me until we reached the girls and..... Draco?

"Hey guys." I looked at Draco cautiously. His vision moved back and forth between Petar and I and finally down to our linked hands. I quickly realised and pulled our hands apart.

"I should go. Thanks for the help Daphne." He said quickly and stormed off.

"Well that was awkward." Said Petar oblivious.

I rolled my eyes and looked back to the girls. "Anyway. Guys, This is Petar. Petar, this is Tracey, Millecent and Daphne." Motioning to them.

He nodded his head at them and stopped short when he and Daphne's eyes connected. They stood like that for 15 seconds before I finally cleared my throat.

Millecent leaned towards me and whispered. "I hear wedding bells." I nodded in agreement.

----------------------------

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore announced.

He approached the goblet, which was spitting blue flames. I watched as the flames that were once blue, turn red and burn wildly. I sheet of paper flies out and floats into Dumbledore's hand.

"The Durmstrang champion is..... Viktor Krum!" I cheered and clapped as loud as I could. No surprise there.

The returned blue and Viktor made his way towards Dumbledore, took his name on the sheet of paper and walked to the front of the great hall and into the teachers door.
The goblet's flames grew again going back to red flames and spat out a nicely crafted sheet of paper.

The champion for Beauxbatons is..... Fleur Delacour!" I clapped and smiled. The Beauxbatons girls cheered louder. Proud of their fellow student.

The goblet repeated its actions and threw out the name of the Hogwarts champion. "Cedric Diggory!" I stood up and cheered louder than I've ever cheered before.

I looked at Ron and smiled. "Ron! Cedric's the Hogwarts champion!"

He laughed and looked at me like I was an idiot. "I'm aware, Ella. I have ears."

Dumbledore spoke up. "Excellent! We have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of history the triwizard cup!"

The goblet started going crazy. Flames were being thrown everywhere. The light if the fire was so bright, I had to shield my eyes. With an explosion of fire, a name was thrown from the goblet and was caught by the head master.
"Harry Potter." Dumbledore whispered. I almost didn't hear him, but thanks to ability. "Harry Potter." He said louder this time, enough for us all to hear. I shook my head in disbelief.

When Harry didn't get up, I saw Dumbledore growing frustrated. "HARRY POTTER!" Harry still didn't move.

Hermione pushed him. "Go on Harry." He went to argue, but Hermione pushed him again. "Harry for goodness sake."

Harry finally got up and made his way to Dumbledore. He did the same and the previous victors. On his way, people called out angrily calling him a cheat. He shouldn't be in the tournament. What was he thinking? I grew agitated and upset that he didn't tell me.
I looked at Ron who had the same look on his face.

I was about to ask Hermione what she thought of all this until Bardulf called me through our pack link. "Randella, we have news. It's important."

I stood up quickly. "What's wrong El?" Ron asked.

"I don't know but I have to go." I ran towards Daphne quickly. "Feed Cato for me? I'll be back before curfew." I ran out of the hall before she could protest.

"I'm on my way."