Chapter Thirty-Eight - Vengeance

[Daphne's POV]

When Ella left, everyone went into a frenzy. We all knew where she was going. We all knew what would happen when she got there, so all students and staff ran around trying to do anything that could protect the school for what was to come.

But then Voldemort's voice rang through everyone's heads. Demanding we hand over Harry or he will guarantee we would all meet our deaths. Pansy, the cow, yelled for someone to grab him. Of course no one did, so McGonagall ordered Filch to send all of Slytherin to the dungeons.
I wasn't exactly happy about it, considering Millecent and Tracey were in that crowd. But I didn't get a say in the matter.

I stayed with Seamus as he set up the explosion for the old bridge. When he was finished, I helped him back up and dragged him towards the castle where there would be more protection.

Once the protection spells were up around the school, it didn't take long until Death-Eaters showed up... And then the loud sounds of spells hitting the force field.

"How long do you think the barrier will hold?" I asked him while pacing.

He shrugged. "Hopefully a while." He responded in his strong Irish accent. He didn't seem scared, just defensive. His demeanour was hard and fearless while he spun he wand round in his hand.

"Aren't you worried?" I questioned.

He looked at me with his eyebrows creased. "Of course I am."

"Then why don't you look it?"

He looked down and huffed. "Cause worrying will do nothing. Just cause more trouble than we already have."

Then a large explosion was heard. I ran to the window to see the barrier cracking and breaking causing my heart to race. They were getting through. Seamus grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the door to the old bridge where Neville was standing guard. "Come on!" He yelled.

When we got there, the barrier had completely broken. Ginny, Padma and Parvati were all standing at the start of the bridge watching Neville stand at the other end of the bridge in silence as he kept eye contact with a large army of Death-Eaters.

And then came the yelling.

I watched as Neville quickly turned around and started racing towards us. He sparked the ropes connected to the gunpowder and ran faster as explosions on the bridge began.
I stood with my wand in my hand prepared to jinx any Death-Eaters that made to this side of the bridge. But it didn't look like Neville was even going to make it.

My heart rate picked up as the collapsing bridge caught up with our enemies and eventually Neville.

"NO!" I yelled.

"Neville!" Ginny screamed.

We all started walking to the edge slowly. Suddenly a hand reached over the edge of the now broken bridge, and I smiled when I saw a very dirty and cut up Neville pull his way up to us again.

"That went well." He choked out.

I laughed and watched as Seamus pulled him up onto his feet, patting him on the back. "You did it mate."
I nodded in agreement but stopped when I heard a scream. A familiar scream. One that belonged to someone close to me. I looked at Seamus in alarm. He nodded in understanding. "Go." He said.

I turned around and ran towards my best friend. When I reached Millecent outside near the main entrance of the school, I saw her on her knees with her back arched, yelling in agony as a middle aged Death-Eater aimed his wand at her.

"Milly!" I ran closer to the man killing my friend and stood in front of him. "Stupify!" I yelled, sending the man flying backwards. I heard Millecent fall to the ground behind me. I turn around and grab her. "Millecent..." Her eyes were closing. "No, no no no! Millecent! Open your eyes, damnit!"

"Daphne?" I turned around and see Tracey standing with a bleeding forehead. "What happened?" She asked. Her voice was small and weak.

I gestured to the unconscious man laying just beside her feet. She walked forward and kneeled down next to Millecent and I, tears fell down her cheeks. "Milly..." She whimpered.

Millecent opened her eyes and looked at Tracey, grabbed her hand and smiled. I stroked her hair as her head lay in my lap. "You're okay. You're going to be fine, Milly. Just keep your eyes open." She kept her eyes on me as Tracey screamed for help. A single tear fell from her eye and landed on my knee.

And her eyes closed once again.

"Millecent?" I shook her slightly. "Mill? Mill I need you to open your eyes again." Tracey stopped calling for help and looked at our best friend.

"Millecent, open your eyes." She cried.

"Milly!" I yelled. Shook her and tapped her face. "Please wake up!"

"Daphne! Daph! Stop!" Tracey let go of Millecent's hand and grabbed my shoulders. "Stop." She said calmly with wet cheeks. "She's gone."

I shook my head and looked at Millecent. "No."

Tracey lent down and kissed her forehead softly. "Goodbye Mill." She stuttered.

The lump in my throat stuck as I cried and held onto our now dead friend. "I'm so sorry Milly." I ran my fingers through her hair.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

-----------------------------

When Tracey and I took Millecent body into the castle, we lay her down and said our farewells.

When we finished Tracey and stood side by side and fought every Death-Eater in our path. I was out for blood. Taking vengeance on my friend and made sure anyone on the dark lord's side would not leave unharmed.
He had taken two of my friends now, and I was not going to let it pass.

Then we heard the howls, and I knew a new member had arrived. I watched in anger as Ella marched down the main entrance dressed in , ready for battle. As she got closer, I noticed close to hundred wolves and werewolves walking beside her. When she reached the entrance, she raised her arms and her army started running toward the school and attacking students and staff. But as usual, Fenrir stood by her side.

Ella walked up to us confidently while I had my wand raised at her. "Well, hello my dearies. How have you been? Good, I presume?" She spoke in a sickly sweet tone.

"Don't give us that bullshit Ella, I'm in no mood to deal with your evil ass." I snapped.

Ella raised her eyebrows. "Oh? Snappy are we Daph?" She looked at Tracey. "Oh Tracey. You're looking healthy." She gestured to her wound. "Now, where is Millecent? I'd originally assumed she would be with you two."

I stiffened. The feeling in my throat returned but soon turned into anger. I tried to stop the tears, but one escaped. "She's dead."

I saw something in Ella's eyes change. It was only brief, but I saw it. Once it disappeared, Ella straightened out her jacket. "Shame, she was problem solver that one."
She moves her neck around and then beared her teeth, showing her now large canines. "Pity she wont be able to help you now." She was about to lunge at us, until Draco's voice was heard.

"ELLA!"