Suspicious

"That was...awesome."

I stumble into the common room followed by James, Sirius, Peter and Remus. I had just been out wih them for the first time during one of Remus' transformations.

"Welcome to our full moon fun." James says, flinging himself onto he couch by the dying fire. It must be early hours.

Fun for you maybe." Remus grumbles, pulling himself onto an armchair. Thanks to our company he hadn't scratched himself as a werewolf at all but had bruised his side slightly.

"Are you sure you don't want to see Madame Pomfrey about your bruise Remus?" I ask him.

"Nah it's fine it'll clear up in a few days." He replies closing his eyes.

"Well we should go to bed and try to squeeze in a few hours of sleep before class." Sirius sighs, dragging himself in the direction of the boys dorms.

I nodded in agreement before saying a quick goodnight and walking quietly upstairs. It had been so strange to walk around or trot around I should say, in my animagus form. The others were already used to it but I had barely used my animagus form at all however I had to admit I'd enjoyed it. I flung myself onto my bed and didn't even bother changing before I fell asleep.

***

"Hey where were you last night?" Lily asks as she walked down the table and sat beside me. I'd already dived into my toast.

"Oh I left my bag in the library and had to run back and get it." I lied quickly. Lily just nods and turns to her cereal before I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn and smile as I see Will standing behind me.

"Hey you, what's up?" I asked him.

"Well we have History of Magic soon and we never get the chance to walk to class together so do you want to go now?" He asks.

"Sure let's go, I'll see you soon Lily." I reply, picking up my bag.

"Okay see you later!" She calls, grinning at me with distinct pride.

It had been three weeks since Will and I first kissed at the Quidditch pitch and last week he had asked me to be his girlfriend and I had said yes happily. The Marauders had teased me jokingly at first until I threatened to hex them in their sleep.

"So what do you reckon Binns will have to say today?" I ask Will.

"Probably some soul-crushing  monologue about Goblin crafts or lopsided cauldron pandemics of 1775." Will mocks, causing me to laugh as we walked into the classroom, ready for another boring lesson.

After a grueling hour on what had happened to be Giant Wars, the bell finally rang and I gave Will a quick peck on the cheek before leaving for Herbology.

"That was the most horribly boring thing I have ever been subject to-and I have to listen to James talk about Evans' hair for hours each night," Sirius says loudly as we walked down to the greenhouses.

"Eugh don't mention it, I'm half hoping Professor Binns considers retiring if ghosts even consider such things," I groan.

We walked into the stuffy greenhouses and took our usual seat together at the back of the room.

"Everyone put your earmuffs on and follow me to the Mandrakes, today we'll be repotting a whole lot of them." The Proffesor called from the front of the room. I slipped on my grey earmuffs and followed the other students into the next greenhouse as we walked cautiously towards the Madrakes. I couldn't hear a thing as Professor York indicates us to pair up and take a pot holding a mandrake. I went with Sirius and we took a pot in the corner back to our desk. I gave him a thumbs up and he grins as I yank the screaming Mandrake out.