It's Over

November was almost over and life at Hogwarts was seemingly normal and I'd been with Will for almost two months now. It might have just been my imagination but I almost felt he was becoming more distant with me. We talked less and he always seemed busy, he frowned every time I mentioned the Marauders and we had only been out together once in two weeks. Part of me couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty Sirius's words in detention had given me a couple weeks ago, but I tried not to dwell on them. After all, we'd both agreed that having differences was a good thing.

I dismissed these negative thoughts and decided I'd go and see Will. Nobody else was awake and it was a Saturday after all. He was always up early, unlike me and was probably already in the Great Hall having breakfast. I pull on my jeans and a sweater and slip out the door.

My footsteps echo through the stone hall leading towards the Great Hall, the castle is pleasantly quiet this early and undisturbed by the usual bustle of students. It's because of this that a loud bump somewhere behind me catches me by surprise. I jump slightly and look towards a small classroom to my left. That's odd, I doubt any teachers are lingering in classrooms this early.

I walk cautiously towards it and turn the creaking door handle, hoping I'm not about to run into Peeves. The door creaks quietly open and at first, I think it's empty. That's before I see two people in the corner. The back of a short haired girl who I think is in Ravenclaw stands in front of a guy I can't see properly. She turns abruptly to face me when she hears the door open and I gasp as I look past her. Will stands against the wall, hair ridiculously ruffled and chest adorned with the hands of the girl.

"Avianna, what are you doing here?" He blurts out prying himself of the wall.

"What am I doing here? What the hell are you doing here!?" I shout at him. The girl backs away awkwardly before Will speaks up.

"It's not what it looks like." He mumbles, completely unconvincingly.

"Oh I'm sorry, I suppose you weren't just making out with a girl who wasn't me, your girlfriend?" I ask mockingly.

"Well yes we were but er I-" Will mumbles rubbing the back of his neck.

"Don't waste your breath coming up with some lame excuse," I snap before turning on my heel and walking back in the direction of the common room.

"Avianna wait, hold on!" Will calls, rushing behind me and grabbing my arm.

"I thought things were going well!" I yell, turning to face him.

"I'm sorry I should have just told yo-"That you wanted to end it? Then why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know how, I thought you had feelings for Sirius s-"Are you mad? You cheat on me because you think something that isn't even true?" I interrupt again, laughing humourlessly.

"So you don't have feelings for Sirius?

"Why the hell would you think that?"

"You're always with him and always with his friends, I see the way he looks at you," Will says quietly.

"His friends are my friends, dumbass, and he's my best friend, I've told you that a dozen times but don't mind me, get back in there and carry on!" I shout at him.

"Avianna come on don't be like th-"You cheated on me, we're over, simple as that," I shake my head, shaking my arm from his grip before I walk away, not bothering to look back.

I stomp back through the portrait hole and slam down onto the couch not noticing Remus dozing in another armchair.

"Wow Av, having a bad morning?" He asks, rubbing his eyes slightly.