Word of Warning

"Ah look Moony, they're at it again," James says without bothering to keep his voice down.

"You know you don't have to say that every time we kiss, Prongs, it's been like two months now," Sirius says as he pulls away from our embrace.

"Still it's strange after seeing you two bullshit about it for so long and now its finally happened," James says, unable to keep from smiling like a proud father.

"Very funny James, how's that Lily situation going?" I ask James with a mock smile as Remus snorts behind his book.

"Oh shut up Avianna," James threatens as he reddens slightly, much to Sirius' amusement.

We entered the Great Hall, much earlier than usual as I had insisted the wait on my breakfast could be no longer. I slid happily into the rather empty Gryffindor table and the Marauders, minus Peter, fill in around me.

"Okay, Avianna you've got your food now so just sit and eat that happily an- Jesus stop! Don't keep shoving toast down your throat there's no room for the oxygen!" Remus exclaims as I begin eating like a rabid animal.

"Sorry, Remus my sweet pea." I grin, slowly swallowing my massive amount of bread.

"Hey, Av isn't that your owl?" James asks suddenly as he squints at the ceiling.

"Avainna doesn't have an owl Prongs." Sirius says.

"Oh it's not mine, it's my mother's." I sigh as the Tawny owl stoops close to the table, dropping a deep purple sealed envelope. It doesn't wait to turn and fly back the way it came, like mother like owl.

"I thought you and your mother didn't get along," Remus says.

"We don't, which can only mean that this is something I've done wrong," I reply as I tear the thick paper off the letter and cast it aside.

Avianna,
News has recently reached my ears of your affiliations with the young man, Sirius Black. This may come as a surprise to you but I do happen to know his mother Walburga, she is a fine lady of good blood status and her family does not stoop at these dignities. However, I have recently been informed that her eldest son has taken quite a different path to the rest of his family. Walburga tells me he has become rouge and is reckless, caring not for upholding the Black family name. This letter comes to you as a word of warning of your actions and I advise you to stay as far away from that boy as possible. I had almost thought you had changed when I heard the news of this relationship, however, upon realising which Black son it involved, my thoughts of you have not changed as it seems you cannot take responsibility enough to choose a wise man with common values our family shares.

Take my warning as advice.

- Your mother.

I finish reading the later, fuming slightly.

"How the hell did she find out?" James asks in shock.

"You read the letter, she knows my mum and my mum knows everything that goes on." Sirius scowls as if mentioning his mother might burn his tongue.

"I honestly cannot believe that woman." I sigh as I crumple the paper.

"I know what you mean, when am I ever reckless?" Sirius asks in mock surprise to lighten the mood, somehow always making it work.

"Yeah well screw her and her "advice" she can shove that right back where it came from." I say as I grab at the paper and quickly rip it into a pile of thin shreds.

"Excellent form," Sirius laughs as he wraps a tentative arm around my waist.

"God I hate her so much,"

"Can relate, trust me on that," Sirius replies as he quickly kisses my temple.

"Hey, I just had a thought," James says suddenly.

"Hey your first one, congrats!" I cut in sarcastically.

"Very funny, what I was trying to say was that once we finish here at Hogwarts we were all going to get our own place, why don't you come and live with us?" James continues.

"No I couldn't, I wouldn't want to ruin the whole thing of you guys all living together." I shake my head hastily.

"No that's actually a good idea Prongs, look I know you and I are a thing but even by some chance if we aren't by then, you're still our best friend and it would be awesome if we were all together," Sirius agrees happily.

"And Avianna this way you get away from your mother faster." Remus cuts in with a grin.

"These are all valid points but, I don't know, I would just feel like I'm intruding on a big thing you four had,"

"When will you get it Avianna, you're just as important as any one of us now," James rolls his eyes.

"I mean...I guess it would be a good idea to get out of home as soon as possible..." I say thoughtfully.
"You know what, you're coming with us whether you like it or not," Sirius declares.

"Fine fine, I'm in guys, thank you so much, for everything." I laugh as I leaned over the table to hug James and Remus.

"Excuse me, Avianna, where be my hug?" Sirius asks in a pompous voice. I laugh before I lean in hastily and kissed him, ignoring the loud gagging sounds from James and the short thump of Sirius smacking him that abruptly cuts off the sounds.

"Well, I think it's safe to say this morning has been a good one." Sirius sighs.

"Maybe for you, I just got put off my breakfast," James shakes his head gravely.

"Well things are really starting to look up for me, I'm going to leave my mother!" I exclaim.

"You forgot the best bit, you'll be living with us," Sirius grins.

"Yeah, I will." I smile.

I stare around at the Great Hall as my thoughts clear, I was leaving home! Not yet but soon and soon was good enough for me. I was going to live with my best friends and my boyfriend. Not ever did I think this day would happen, that I would finally be guaranteed a get out of jail free card to escape my mother. I smile as I turn back to my friends, the people in the world I was sure I loved, my Marauders. Sirius wraps his arm back around my waist and I lean into him. Glad that, after what felt like a lifetime, I was finally another Marauder.