Christmas

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" A loud muddle of shouts tears me from my sleep and I wake with a start. The Marauders were standing in my doorway still wearing their pyjamas and laughing at my shocked expression. I grumble under my breath and pull myself out from under the covers.

"Why...so...loud?" I sigh as I flop back onto the bed, my eyes drifting towards the ceiling. I felt a sudden weight shift on the bed as the guys all jump onto it.

"Did we interrupt someone's beauty sleep?" Sirius asks, prodding my stomach and causing me to jolt upright.

"What time is it?" I ask no one in particular.

"Christmas time, loser, now get up," James retorts not so kindly.

"Oh yeah, Merry Christmas you guys." I perk up with a smile.

"Merry Christmas sleeping beauty," Remus smiles, I grab at his wrist turning his watch face in my direction.

"Guys it's only 6:00 am! I didn't think you boys knew life existed at this hour." I remarked sarcastically with a sweet smile.

"Yeah very funny now meet us downstairs in a couple of minutes while we go wake up Euphemia and Flea." Sirius instructs as they hop off the bed.

"You sound like six-year-olds!" I call after them.

I roll off my bed and pull on my socks before trudging down the stairs after the guys. I can hear laughing and shouts as I enter the living room, unable to keep from smiling. Euphemia was fiddling with a bowl of something in the kitchen, she always seemed to be doing something wonderful in the kitchen. The Marauders were laughing loudly at something Fleamont just said.

When I notice Sirius laughing a slightly familiar swooping sensation comes over me, watching him flick his head back in amusement. I quickly avert my gaze, praying no one had noticed.

"Morning Avianna dear, Merry Christmas," Euphemia smiles.

"Merry Christmas, Euphemia."

"Hello Avianna, you're looking a little ruffled," Fleamont observes.

"Merry Christmas, Fleamont, and yeah you can thank this lot for that," I nod at the Marauders.

"Don't listen to her Flea she's making it up," Sirius says sweetly, batting his eyelashes at James' father.

"Alright leave poor Avianna alone and help me with the gifts, Fleamont," Euphemia says sternly as she began walking up the stairs closely followed by her husband.

"I'm gonna go grab my gifts too," I say to the Marauders.

"We were organised and brought all ours downstairs earlier." James says indicating grandly to the pile of roughly wrapped parcels behind him.

"Wow, how great of you! I'm sure the Minister of Magic will be sending your Order of Merlin First Class any minute now." I scoff sarcastically causing Remus and Peter to snicker.

"You bet he will and then you'll be crying and sobbing in hysteric jealously over how we're all so much more magnificent than you." Sirius declares, his eyes holding a faraway expression.

I pull a face before jogging back up the stairs and collecting the large pile of gifts that I had neatly wrapped last night. One for each of the Marauders and one each for Fleamont and Euphemia.

"Alright well who wants to give their gifts first?" James asks as everyone reappears in the living room.

"We will, James, and then you kids can cough up," Fleamont says as he reaches to the bag behind him.