Finally

"So when do you plan on actually doing the essay?" A slightly disaproving Lily asks.

"Oh I'll do it, not now but I reckon I can put it off a little longer." I sigh.

"Its due tomorrow."

"Well the older you are the wiser you are, I'll be much older tomorrow morning and Ill finish it then with my acquired knowledge."

"Yes very funny, I wish you took your homework seriously," Lily says.

"I do, I'm pretty smart believe it or not and I don't need to do this rubbish," I say, indicating to the barely started essay.

"I know you're smart you're near the top of the class, you actually sound a lot like someone else," Lily says quietly, not really needing to lower he voice as the common room was bustling with students in the evening.

"And who might that be?"

"Sirius Black, you two are so alike,"

"I guess so, reckon I'm smarter."

"Reckon you're not." A voice says behind me as my eyes suddenly became covered by a pair of warm hands.

"Sirius move your bloody hands I can't see." I laugh.

"Hey Evans, how'd you know it was me?" Sirius asks me without moving his hands.

"You practically announce yourself whenever you enter a room,"

"Or you're so besotted with me you can sense my presence."

"You'd like that I'm sure," I attempt to bat away Sirius' hands but he doesn't budge.

"I only speak the truth, honesty's my middle name,"

"Really? I thought dumbass was your middle name," I retort, much to Lily's amusement.

"I thought it was 'bad-boy-wannabe' actually," She says as we both laugh.

"Yes very funny, Evans, you traitor, I'm beginning to think you're both just jealous of my mutinous good looks and hair that neither of you will ever be fortunate enough to possess in your less fulfilling lifetimes,"

"You ever wonder how drunk you'd get if you took a shot every time he complimented himself?" I ask Lily.

"I think you'd have passed out within ten minutes," Lily laughs.

"Sounds like a worthy alternative to listening to him carry on about his 'mutinous good look-stop stop I'm sorry!" I shout as Sirius cuts me off by scruffing up my hair with absolute carelessness.

"Aw look at you two." An annoyingly familiar voice drawls.

"Sod off, James,"

"Didn't come to see you I came to see Evans," James says as he sits down next to a slightly uncomfortable looking Lily. I take this distraction as ample opportunity to wriggle from Sirius' reach.

"Need something, James?" Lily sighs without looking up from her essay.

"Wanna go out with me?" James asks, flashing a slightly too-wide smile.

"I'm good thanks," Lily mumbles as her hair falls over her shoulders.

"I'm kidding, Minnie asked me to tell you and Remus to meet her later in her office, something about prefect duties,"

"Oh, right, thanks," Lily says, taken aback slightly.

"Hey James get over here!" One of the Gryffindor seventh years calls from the doorway.

"Sorry, love, gotta go." James grins at Lily before leaping up and following the sixth year out the doorway.

"Evans, are you blushing?" Sirius asks incredulously, swinging over the couch to sit beside me.