Chapter 7. Fear and Hate

Sasha's P.O.V

My eyes slightly opened to see everything blurry, the light burned my eyes. I felt something in the room. I suddenly saw a figure standing there holding a bag. My eyes shot open as I saw it was a boy. I watched him freeze and about to open his mouth but I quickly covered it.

"Shh! Don't scream."

I felt his heart beat go faster when suddenly I felt something wet at my feet. He just peed himself and he was crying. I heard noises from outside so I dragged him over to the window and I looked out the window to see people with luggage moving in. I looked over to Angel who was still sleeping.

What was I going to do.

"Mark how's the room upstairs," yelled a voice from downstairs.

I looked at him panicked.

"Mark?"

He suddenly moved away from me and I panicked.

"Please. I can leave, don't tell her I'm here."

To my surprise he nodded with tears still steaming down his eyes.

"I-It's alright," the kid name Mark replied.

"Good. Come down and grab your stuff."

He looked over to me still shaking. I ran to grab Angel and my bags. I looked at him,

"Is there a back entrance here?"

He nodded, and motioned me to follow him. I followed him and he peeked into the kitchen where his mother was at. He pointed at the door and I got down crawling by the counter.

"Oh good your here. So grab your stuff."

I stopped and felt my heart beat as I heard her foot steps.

"Mark? Are you alright....d-did you pee yourself?"

I quickly opened the door to only see a man standing by the door ready to open it. I backed away then turned to see the women. I felt my heart pound harder. Suddenly the mother looked at Mark again and back at me glaring at me,

"What did you do to him!"

"N-Nothing. I-I just want to go."

Suddenly the man approached me and I back up feeling for my knife.

"P-Please! I-I mean no trouble."

"Your a Jew aren't you!"

Suddenly Mark stood in front of me. Mark pointed at Angel,

"She has a baby. She was left here when the Jews came, she was afraid so she hid. This was her home before," Mark lied.

My mother gasp,

"Oh you poor thing."

While the man just glared at me.

"Bull. How can we trust that thing."

I didn't have proof for anything.  

"She's not wearing a star," Mark spoke. 

He looked over to the women.

"Please. I'll leave, I need to find my parents."

"Why don't we just take you to the Nazi soldiers."

Once again my heart sunk. 

"B-Because that would be silly, I know where my parents are."

I didn't have time for this I had to leave before they grew more suspicious. I glanced over at the door wide open. I quickly made a run for it running out side. I kept running and looked back to see the man, he was running after me. I kept running I quietly thanked Mark in my mind.